Alienware Laptops....

Xtreme21

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like laptops, mainly because I don't have a use for one. I spend so much time in front of my computer at home, the last thing I need is more computer time when I am out and about. Also, with my lifestyle, I am pretty sure I'd end up losing/breaking a laptop.

It sure would be nice to have one at a LAN though..

i'm buying a pretty cheap laptop on ebay pretty soon i hope, just for school, mainly word processing and surfing the net thats all i would use it for i don't think i could ever get used to gaming on a touch pad or pencil top mouse.

• 1 month later...
PCTorque and a few other companies that sell the same laptops actually have more colors available to paint the notebook.

This is true, but to throw my $0.02 in.... Alienware will give pretty much ANY color you want! It does cost afew extra $$ though, since with the laptops they only keep the most popular in stock, plus you've gotta call in the order to do it. How do I know? :D I'm hoping to get one!

If I can get the $ :blink:

This is true, but to throw my $0.02 in.... Alienware will give pretty much ANY color you want! It does cost afew extra $$ though, since with the laptops they only keep the most popular in stock, plus you've gotta call in the order to do it. How do I know? :D I'm hoping to get one!

If I can get the $ :blink:

You realize this thread is over 2 months old?

Nice laptop. Almost as good as my Hypersonic GX-8 in High-Gloss Piercing Blue Metallic Do yourself a favor, get the 9600 PRO graphics chip instead of the 9600.

Battery life is poor, but I can surf the web at Starbucks for 30 minutes while I enjoy a latte once in a great while. The rest of the time I'm plugged-in (and these laptops take a second battery if we really needed more life out of them).

It isn't always about "I'd rather have 2 desktops". . . Ok, so now I have 2, 4 or even 8 desktops.. whoopee, I still need a laptop.. and since I need a laptop, It's going to be a FAAAST laptop.

Someone said benchmarks.. I've deleted it because ORB only allows 5 projects, but I got somewhere in the neighborhood of 3600 on 3dmark03 whereas my Desktop gets 6700-something.. Not too terribly impressive, but I think it's because the chip doesn't support one of the features of the test, and thus 3dmark kills its score.

What test would you suggest? Perhaps I'll run Aquamark3 on it and post the result later if you are really interested.