Alienware Laptops....

Xtreme21

Guest ThermalGuru

That gives me Gateway Cold Chills up my spine. That's how I learned my lesson. Anybody else?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.sagernotebook.com are pretty nice too (seems like the same thing as alienware, but the prices are quite a bit different, i heard that they are the suppliers of alienware but i dunno...), IMO a laptop would be good for a lan party, since it's a lot easier to carry a gaming laptop than a case and monitor, also, I would buy a seperate mouse and maybe even another keyboard for gaming. so with soda and chips and stuff, 2 trips to the car vs 3 :lol:

• 1 month later...
The Alienware laptops ARE overpriced. The laptops they use are manufactured by an ODM company, Clevo. You can buy the exact same laptop that AlienWare uses for 500+ cheaper than what Alienware has. The only thing is you don't get the plastic piece that Alienware adds to it, the Alienware name, or the Alienware logo.

PCTorque and a few other companies that sell the same laptops actually have more colors available to paint the notebook.... ont to mention the full warrenty, and future upgrade posibilities.

Figured out why they are about $500.00 cheaper. They don't have OS in price, and to top it off they don't have the goodies on it. You add the parts that make it apples to apples comparision and your spending the same money. I'd rather get the Alienware then buy the Sager. Also Sager does not upgradeable video. Everyone here knows we upgrade our video cards at least once every six months. When I spec'd out the Sager to match my Alienware I want to buy, teh price was exactly teh same. I would say it's personal preference but, if your gonna spend that kind of money (which I will) I'd go with the company that has a bigger support structure.

hey that colourware case they are using is not there own its made by suntek they have just customised it thats my case man, i reckon mine looks better LOL

yeah laptops are getting pretty powerful now but are so darn exspensive, i got a second hand one personally but got a bargain, i would love to be in bet fraggin peoples arses in BFVietnam and alike all most laptops are made by generic companys and sold on to loads of resellers get them from the original source its cheaper!