Alienware Laptops....

Xtreme21

Umm

Guaranteed No Dead Pixels

Hypersonic Aviator mobile systems come with an industry-leading dead pixel policy. By default, Hypersonic guarantees that there will be no dead pixels in the center screen area and no more single dead pixel outside of the center area.

Selecting this option will guarantee that your system's screen will not have any dead pixels.

For a 3,000 plus system you are telling me I have to pay 99 more to make sure it doesn't have a crappy screen? I don't think I would buy jack from them after readin that.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh really - That's kinda silly if you ask me. That's like buying a $30,000 car and paying an extra $1000 to make sure it starts before you drive it off the lot.

It's a nice laptop, nonetheless! I just wish they'd hurry up and finish my Alienware! It's gonna be outdated by the time I get it!

You realize this thread is over 2 months old?

Yep. I was doing a search on alienware laptops, since I keep hearing something about a "hivemind-m" and I came across this thread.

Tempesta: I've heard A-w is notorious for taking a long time, but it shouldn't take more than a month... at least from what I've read. Also, the dead pixel thing makes me alittle weary... seriously.. If they had good screens then they wouldn't have to put that, or they just want an extra $100.

Yeah, I keep checking the status of the laptop, and it's slowly but surely crawling to the build/test phase. I want to call them and rattle their cages, but I'd rather wait a little longer to make sure they do it right!

Dell has super cheap systems (usually) but they F--k you on upgrades. My @$$ still hurts... :P

(Ah, the wonders of lame humor...)

Seriously... they wanted $700 for another 512 mb of RAM when I first got my PC! Holy Crap! After I finally learned how to build my own and found gaming Pcs like Falcon-nw voodoo and alienware, I swore I would never do buisness with dell again. Of course I had to break that when my Mobo went and I found out it was proprietary <_< .

Note: my system is about 1 + 3/4 years old.

Edited by S.S.Mario

The only thing I like about dells is how quiet they are. You can't even hear them! Has anyone seen that one pc that has that huge black thing over the cpu forgot what is was called but I wish I could make one of those myself.

There was a message from Alienware on my voicemail when I got home from work today. Said "there was a problem with my order". Ah man, great. It's been about a month and now it's going to be delayed.

It was a problem with one of the shirts I ordered. Screw the shirt! Send me the crap laptop and send the shirt when it comes in! I appreciate the attention to detail, but come on! BUILD IT ALREADY!!

• 4 weeks later...
You know what's funny? For $2200 you can get a 1.8GHz P4 Dell laptop, and for $2300 you can get a 2.8GHz P4 HT Alienware laptop. Something about that just doesn't seem right.

The 1.8ghz processor is a Pentium-M not a Pentium 4. The Pentium M's get 3 hours+ battery life, and the 1.8ghz system performs in the range of a 2.8ghz P4 anyway. Plus, Dell has lifetime Tech Support, and trust me, any little thing the goes wrong with your system, they repair it, and if you get Complete Care (Extra $45) then even if you drop the stupid thing they'll fix it. I'm stickin' to Dell :D

How much battery life do the 2.8 non m's get? I can't believe they would delay the laptop cause of your free shirt. :lol: Let me know how your alienware turns out once you've received it, I'd really like to see some Benchmark scores for it. :)

Okee, having had my Alienware Area-51 laptop for a year and a half now, I've learned my lessons about this company. They are a ###### and a half to deal with, my laptop is a 15 pound brick (nicknamed now the Jolly Green Giant), it took, get this, 5 months to arrive, and has had to be sent back once already for repairs, and their customer service is horrible. It took 2 months just to get them to respond to my emails and calls to get an RMA number from them. The laptop runs well, for what it is, gaming wise. But it runs extremely hot, ever since I bought it...the battery life lasts (once again, since I bought it) on average 40 minutes, with no applications running aside from AIM. Plus, it was so expensive, so overpriced, for what it is. Who knows, maybe I got the dud of the bunch, but I've heard similiar opinions from other people who own Aliens. So beware dudes O_o