Which Cpu Should I Use For My Rig To Overclock

chemojay

I have 3 AMD dual cores at my disposal. The first is my prior cpu in my setup which is a 4800 windsor which is 2.4 ghz and 90nm technology. The second is a 6000 windsor which is 3.0 and 90nm technology. The third is a 5000+ bristbane at 2.6GHz and 65nm technology.

I am thinking I need to pull that bristbane out of the dell sitting next to me and put the 6000+ in the dell since it has no bios adjustablity. Then the dell would be noticeably faster and it would give me processor that I could overclock to 3.0GHz or possibly 3.2GHz. Then she would have a faster system and I would have my memory up to speed. I am having trouble reaching my memory speed with the 6000+. Maybe it would be a better choice to use the bristbane in my set.

Open to opinions.

Thanks

I would go with the brisbane in my system personally, those 6000+'s use alot of power out of the box.

Can you legally switch out a cpu in a Dell system? I was tossing that idea of upgrading a Dell around in my head too, but unfortunately I couldn't figure out where the EULA stopped controlling what I could do with what I paid for and where it started.

Edited by Maj0r Gamer

I don't know if it's "legal" or not. I'm sure it'll void your warranty, though. But after all, it's not like they can come in your house and check to see if you've switched cpu's ;)

But chemojay, that sounds like a good plan.

Edited by Crow47

Thanks all thats what I was thinking also. I don't really think there is a legality issue with it. And if there is then I am gonna break the law. breaking the law, breaking the law. haha

Dell warranty isn't much use in my book anyhow. Most computer noobs know more about building a system.