High End Help

toast

hi i,ve built a high end system about a month ago but the sytem keeps freezing i ve tried burnin test memory test for 3 hour and it passes with no errors, help would be very gratefull

system specs

intel qx9650 at 3.6gh multipiler 10

fsb 1444

volt 1.25

2 x2gb ocz reapers 10666 timing 6-6-6-20

volt 1.6

striker extreme 2 790i

2 x 150 wd raptors

3 x 8800 ultra 3 way sli

case termaltake kandalf case

asus triton 79 cpu cooler

os vista ultimate 64 bit

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My experience with light quad overclocking... it'd just lock up if the vcore was too low, even slightly. I'd bump the vcore up to 1.3v and see if it still freezes... or run at stock and see if it freezes. Also disable speedstep if you haven't already.

hi i,ve built a high end system about a month ago but the sytem keeps freezing i ve tried burnin test memory test for 3 hour and it passes with no errors, help would be very gratefull

system specs

intel qx9650 at 3.6gh multipiler 10

fsb 1444

volt 1.25

2 x2gb ocz reapers 10666 timing 6-6-6-20

volt 1.6

striker extreme 2 790i

2 x 150 wd raptors

3 x 8800 ultra 3 way sli

case termaltake kandalf case

asus triton 79 cpu cooler

os vista ultimate 64 bit

For a friend of mine I built a simular system... I have a few thingies:

*why on aircooling when this mainboard is made for watercooling?

*Are you still running stock with that cpu? cause it is made for OC and stock it doesn't run that well

*In a strange way it is possible that your memory won't work with your mainboard... I have seen it before that certain OCZ memory types and asus mainboards aren't compatible

*are the graphiccards cooled by stock cooler or active cooling.... the stock passive cooling isn't build for the close 3 way SLi and gives problems...

These things I have run against with building such a system. hope it can be of help to look at where it could be

For a friend of mine I built a simular system... I have a few thingies:

*why on aircooling when this mainboard is made for watercooling?

*Are you still running stock with that cpu? cause it is made for OC and stock it doesn't run that well

*In a strange way it is possible that your memory won't work with your mainboard... I have seen it before that certain OCZ memory types and asus mainboards aren't compatible

*are the graphiccards cooled by stock cooler or active cooling.... the stock passive cooling isn't build for the close 3 way SLi and gives problems...

These things I have run against with building such a system. hope it can be of help to look at where it could be

it is overclocked to 3.6 the graphic cards are fine dont go above 80c