Q6600 Advice Wanted

So heres the situation. I am going for a max stable OC on my Q6600 (PC in sig). I have my FSB @ 389 (1580 QDR) with CPU multi @ 9 to give 3555MHz. This means my mem is @ ~780MHz. But I'm having trouble getting my CPU stable above that. The voltage in BIOS is set to 1.49375V, in windows Idle is 1.44V load is ~1.38V. I don't like the idea of going much higher on volts as my load temp are ~68

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm!! q6600 shouldnt go higher than 61c...

Up to 70 C under full load on all cores is acceptable...much more so than higher than 1.5 volts.

OP - you could just be at the limit of your chip.

One thing to try is to add voltage to each core

I don't think that is an option in my BIOS. What would it be called?

It's possible, I might just try for a final blast of volts 2moz & c wot happens.

Does anyone think a VDroop mod would help?

Well if you know for sure your ram timings and everything is set just right, and it is purely voltage issues, I'd suggest just throw a few more volts at it and see if it stables out. If it does but load temps are too high (IE: 65c+) then your simply at your cpu max. But if it still doesn't want to be stable after more volts then its probably other settings you need to look at.

Up to 70 C under full load on all cores is acceptable...much more so than higher than 1.5 volts.

Yea put some more volts on it and fry it. sounds like a plan. :D I think he should be happy with what hes got whats a 100mhz more going to do anyway.

Edited by crazy8s846

up your northbridge voltage to 1.45v that should be the lowest it should be set at for a Quad...sart there...if it helps then you may try 1.5v I dont add more than that for stability without active cooling...

I have found most boards default northbridge volts to 1.35v and that isnt enough for a Quad....

this clock will be for benching only so yea, an extra 100MHz will make a difference.

Why are you so interested in stablity then. i can get my processor to 4500 for a bench its not stable just stable enough for the bench. Just up your voltage so that it is stable enough to run the bench, then turn it back down. It more than likely wont be there long enough to kill it.