North Bridge Issue While Gaming.

rud3bwoy

So while playing cod 4 my system shut down,i guess due to the north bridge hitting 90 c,i turned off the sensor so it wont do this,is this safe?m other temps are fine but the nb please help thanks!

i noticed the nb temp was at 85 c so i am guessing it had hit 90 c sometime causing the entire system to just shut down by it self...

Edited by rud3bwoy

So while playing cod 4 my system shut down,i guess due to the north bridge hitting 90 c,i turned off the sensor so it wont do this,is this safe?m other temps are fine but the nb please help thanks!

i noticed the nb temp was at 85 c so i am guessing it had hit 90 c sometime causing the entire system to just shut down by it self...

i would ask what board you're running but it doesn't really matter - 90c is too hot, and if you let it get much hotter not only will it cause other components to malfunction, but you could end up with a dead rig.

bottom line, invest in better nb cooling. it's not expensive.

i would ask what board you're running but it doesn't really matter - 90c is too hot, and if you let it get much hotter not only will it cause other components to malfunction, but you could end up with a dead rig.

bottom line, invest in better nb cooling. it's not expensive.

Asus rampage,i checked the nb with everest and it was reporting 85 c...so i am guessing it had hit 90 to shut down

asus rampage x48

also think i fixed the issue you guys i think my nb voltages was to high auto had it set to 1.60 i turned it down to 1.44v and did a prime test for 1 hour stable and no crazy nb temps,gamed on cod 4 no crazy nb temps,it is staying in 1 area as it should the idle temps also dropped down to the 60s.....

Stock voltage on X48 is 1.2V, so yeah 1.6V for 24/7 without water or solid air cooling is asking alot from that poor little chip :P

62 still sounds kind of hot, have you tried to have fan blow some air on it?

Edited by Zertz