United States Presidential Election 2008

Great_Gig

US Election  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Barack Obama
    • John McCain

I am not talking about war. He said he will talk to Iran. What can he possibly say to them. He is going to have to give them something to make them stop. Why do you think they are doing this? They want something. Do you think Iran is going to be a threat with 1 or 2 nukes? NO they want leverage. I am talking about WHEN the talks fail will he have the stones to go the next step. I don't think so.

How is this not about war?

"I'm not talking about war. I'm talking about negotiations. Negotiations I expect to fail. Which will lead to war."

YET again. I agree that Obama is weak here. But I don't agree with McCain's stance here either because I think he's trigger-happy. So it's a no win for me on that front. And when you look at ALL of foreign policy, like I said earlier, I think Obama is the better choice.

I think he will want a second term and worry about his approval rating.

And McCain won't? McCain's already proven to me what's most important to him with his VP pick.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He will invade a sovereign country(Pakistan) to find terrorists. He will stop Al Queda with diplomacy? Iran will never listen to anyone and that includes John McCain. No ground war is needed in Iran. Strategic bombing is all you need. Talk is cheap in the world.

Wow, you guys really don't know anything about foreign policy except bombing people. Just look at that contempt you have for diplomacy and the notion of talking to other nations.

Verran, there's no point in defending your view because they don't even understand their own question, let alone the depth of your answer.

The bottom line is WHEN the talks fail what will he do? Nothing just let the world become more dangerous then it already is. I guarantee it. All the evil empires out there are just counting down until Obama's sworn in. Terrorists and despots love liberals.

The bottom line is WHEN the talks fail what will he do? Nothing just let the world become more dangerous then it already is. I guarantee it. All the evil empires out there are just counting down until Obama's sworn in. Terrorists and despots love liberals.

Maybe with more "lack of foreign policy" (ie: not insisting on war as the only solution), the terrorists won't hate us so much anymore. War does not solve terrorism. Like AG said in the other thread, you can't go to war against an ideology.

As for making the world a more dangerous place, Bush's policies (you know, the ones McCain wants to continue with, if not enhance) have already done a fine job of that. "Stay the course!"

There will be death and terrorism as long as there are Islamic Extremists. Pulling out of the middle east completely, going into a shell and not "meddling" in foreign affairs and moving Israel isn't going to change a damn thing. They want the west to fall period! Keeping them on the run is the only way to ensure our own safety.

There will be death and terrorism as long as there are Islamic Extremists. Pulling out of the middle east completely, going into a shell and not "meddling" in foreign affairs and moving Israel isn't going to change a damn thing. They want the west to fall period! Keeping them on the run is the only way to ensure our own safety.

Just to clarify: What you have stated here are opinions, not facts. All of it. And for the record, I disagree completely with all but the first statement.

But I agree, the Extremists are the problem. The question I ask is: Where did they come from? Why do they exist? I believe they exist because of our own actions in the past.

I was talking to someone yesterday about the war and he had a good point. He was saying, why have we been fighting this war if Iraq didn't have WMDs? Why didn't we just pull out as soon as we figured there weren't any? Now we stay because of the terrorists there? How do you figure they are terrorists? Just because they're shooting rockets at us makes them terrorists? We don't even know WHY we're getting shot at - maybe it's because we killed his brother or the fact that we're invading their country. What would Americans do if someone invaded our country? We'd kill the HELL out of them, right? I dunno, I just question this whole government...How do you define a terrorist? And WHY do you believe this government is telling us the complete truth?

InCrysis, there will also be death and terrorism as long as there is the United States of America. We are hands down the biggest bully in the world. You can't just narrow terrorism down to one group of people or one religion...

I find it insane how you can sit there and think that every single middle eastern person wants the west to fall. How ignorant...

I was talking to someone yesterday about the war and he had a good point. He was saying, why have we been fighting this war if Iraq didn't have WMDs? Why didn't we just pull out as soon as we figured there weren't any? Now we stay because of the terrorists there? How do you figure they are terrorists? Just because they're shooting rockets at us makes them terrorists? We don't even know WHY we're getting shot at - maybe it's because we killed his brother or the fact that we're invading their country. What would Americans do if someone invaded our country? We'd kill the HELL out of them, right? I dunno, I just question this whole government...How do you define a terrorist? And WHY do you believe this government is telling us the complete truth?

InCrysis, there will also be death and terrorism as long as there is the United States of America. We are hands down the biggest bully in the world. You can't just narrow terrorism down to one group of people or one religion...

I find it insane how you can sit there and think that every single middle eastern person wants the west to fall. How ignorant...

There are many definitions of terrorists. The guys shooting rockets because we are in Iraq are terrorists. They are terrorizing the people that wanted a Saddam free government so they don't have to be worried about getting gassed and beheaded. I also define it as anyone who would like to wipe a country off the map because they are of a different religion supposedly occupying their land. What about the people in Iraq that are happy with what we did? Doesn't that country belong to them too? We only invaded the country when it apples to the people who don't want us there?

I do agree when talks fail war should be the option.

I think the process should go like this...

Negotiations---> if they fail--->War (if the situation requires it)

not

Follow this list of Demands first then we'll have some type of talk with you or be invaded--->War (if demands are not meant)

I do agree that Mccain is better when it comes to managing the Military/Defense its one of the very few things I like about Mccain buts its not enough to change my vote. What I'm a bit worried with Mccian is that he's going to use Military intervention a little more then he should and also use it to spread his and the United States polices around instead of talks and Negations first.

There are many definitions of terrorists. The guys shooting rockets because we are in Iraq are terrorists. They are terrorizing the people that wanted a Saddam free government so they don't have to be worried about getting gassed and beheaded. I also define it as anyone who would like to wipe a country off the map because they are of a different religion supposedly occupying their land. What about the people in Iraq that are happy with what we did? Doesn't that country belong to them too? We only invaded the country when it apples to the people who don't want us there?

Perhaps you don't realize they hate us for the very reason. Becuae we invaded another country... because we for some reason feel the need to impose our way of life on other people in other countries.

Perhaps you don't realize they hate us for the very reason. Becuae we invaded another country... because we for some reason feel the need to impose our way of life on other people in other countries.

:withstupid:

I agree

I think the point is we need to stop thinking that our way of life and our policies are the best way and the only way the world should do things.

With that being said it doesn't mean were saying that we should sit back and not care whats happening in the world. We should care whats happening in the world but we shouldn't be so eger to jump into the problem and fix it with our polices.