Socket Lga 1366 And Water Cooling

Minotaur

Hi all.I am new in water cooling and wish to buy one but before I have one

question.Now we have Socket LGA 775 and next socket from Intel is LGA 1366

for future Nehalem processors.My question is if I now buy water cooling for

Socket LGA 775 will I have to buy new water cooling for LGA 1366 next year or

there will be upgrade on this one (new Waterblock)?

Thank you.

I'm not sure, I was wondering the same thing with my CPU cooler, I wonder if I'll be able to transfer that over when the upgrade time comes,

anyone ou there know?

Nope, the IHS is a different size, shape and the mounting holes are in different places.

Nope, the IHS is a different size, shape and the mounting holes are in different places.

unless they release an inexpensive 1366 mounting bracket system for my TRUE :lol: this heatsink has too big a following to leave us out in the cold

It's thermalright, they'll have your arm off for everything.

Anyway, you should see this as a blessing, a bigger IHS means a bigger bottom on the heatsink and the potential for all more cooling capacity because really heatsinks are limited by their ability to get the heat to the fins, so goodbye 4 pipes, hello 6/8 pipes.

Edited by Comp Dude2

It's thermalright, they'll have your arm off for everything.

Anyway, you should see this as a blessing, a bigger IHS means a bigger bottom on the heatsink and the potential for all more cooling capacity because really heatsinks are limited by their ability to get the heat to the fins, so goodbye 4 pipes, hello 6/8 pipes.

That won't bother me, not to mention it'll be an even cooler chip itself so the OC'ing should hopefully surpass the Penryn's in headroom

Is this means not to buy water cooling now,to wait until Socket Lga 1366 come?

ya I'd wait until we see what new systems get released with it (though I'll probably never leave air cooling)