New Cooling Stuff For System

Just waiting for the new items to arrive, hope these live up to everyones posts.

Also purchased the premium Lapping kit.

Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU Cooler $59.99

Scythe S-Flex 120mm Fan - High Speed (SFF21F) $12.99

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound (3.5 gram) $6.99

Edited by dollhobbs

Just waiting for the new items to arrive, hope these live up to everyones posts.

Also purchased the premium Lapping kit.

Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU Cooler $59.99

Scythe S-Flex 120mm Fan - High Speed (SFF21F) $12.99

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound (3.5 gram) $6.99

Sounds like quite a good list...

I've actually switched entirely from AS5 to AS ceramique (thermal performance is about the same, but it lasts longer and is completely non-conducting / capacitive). Just a preference I have.

Good luck lapping. Take your time...it'll be worth it. I had work doing optical metallography, so, just be glad you don't have to go that far (1/20 micron finish)!

whats the premium lapping kit contain? i just use rubbing alchohol & high grit sandpaper from autozone.

how far are you going to try with this cooling setup, in your sig it has it @ stock

Kit is from easypckits and contains 400, 600, 800, 1000, 40 micron, 25-20-15 & 10 micron grits plus a peice of glass and easy to understand directions. I had it to 3.4ghz but I am a coward and better safe then sorry all together it was only about $90 and if it saves me from replacing a quad core CPU it's worth it. I will see how high it will go once it's all done.

New items arrived and installed but I had an issue with keeping the heatsink from moving while I was attaching to the MB. I wondered if anyone else had this problem and figured out a solution.