Probable Setup For Forum Wars

Ok so as it stands I will likely have enough money to put down on 2 HD4870's. The issue here is with a probable WC setup that I might do. (Providing I have the money for that) I would think it would fall under the category of a WC setup however I plan to use something of a water chiller with the WC setup as opposed to a radiator. That would never reach subzero temps as obviously the water would freeze so I don't think that would fall into Ultra Cooled class. Any thoughts on using a water chiller as opposed to a radiator?

Edited by Compxpert

I don't have that kind of water, money, or pressure. Not to mention the whole setup - the chiller is already 300USD that would be something I'd intend to keep. In the end it seems a little out of my price range especially after considering 2 4870's.. Probably not doing it for The Forum Wars but it may be a 'fu

Edited by Compxpert

A $300 waterchiller that can continuous cool a computer? :lol:

Maybe if you got a deal on a 5K BTU A/C and had a mate in HVAC, you could rig something up for $300 that could cope with a continuous heatload... I doubt it though

no guy no! all you need to do is setup a wc system with long tubes to the rad and not have the rad mounted. Then get a regular camping cooler and fill have with ice and half with water and stick the rad in it, it will work just like a chiller and only cost $15 usd on top of the wc setupand should keep your temps below ambient or right there, I saw it done on www.techpowerup.com and it kept the guys E8500 at 10c for a 3 hour long bench

nah the $300 would be for the WC setup. I had a thought of taking some A/C unit and rigging it up but I'd need to find one. I did find water chillers online for around $300 tho. Small ones like the size of dehumidifiers.

no guy no! all you need to do is setup a wc system with long tubes to the rad and not have the rad mounted. Then get a regular camping cooler and fill have with ice and half with water and stick the rad in it, it will work just like a chiller and only cost $15 usd on top of the wc setupand should keep your temps below ambient or right there, I saw it done on www.techpowerup.com and it kept the guys E8500 at 10c for a 3 hour long bench

Whoa I am liking this idea. I had actully thought of something like that. More or less a camping fridge with a rad in it. Of which I think I have lying around somewhere.

Edited by Compxpert

I'll probably forgo the watercooling for this forum wars. I think I might just get a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme. Any suggestions as to a particular fan. Something with around 120CFM but please no jet engines (over 50db)

I did find water chillers online for around $300 tho. Small ones like the size of dehumidifiers.

Water chillers take room temperature or colder water, and take it down to like 10

Even so I don't have a cool basement for this...really.. Though that is promising. However I'm not looking into that anymore for now. Right noww I just want to know what is a good fan to go with a Thermalright ultra 120 extreme. Somewhere around 120CFM with out being too loud.