How Many PC's Do You Own?

Guest Lavell_merged

43 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1 - 3
    • 4 - 6
    • 7 +

Angry Games and the moderators cannot participate in this poll because we all know that they have NewEgg or Tiger Direct in their households!:P

Pssh, whatever man. I own one computer.

Counting all computers in the house I live in (including the PS3, laptops, and server) we have 9.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 for me!

1 socket 939 lanparty rig (possibly turning into a second this summer on procurement of case and power supply - read HTPC)

1 IBM laptop

1 ancient Dell that needs too be scrapped

In our house, we also have...

A dell for mom...and soon a IMac (oh nose!), and a work laptop.

My brother also has his computer which is going to get replaced (dead motherboard/power supply).

If only I was home...I'd be building computers and saving my family money...

Guest LookBackX2

Main Rig - in Sig

4 Dell Optiplex 320s in various states of repair/disrepair

2nd DFI - Nf4 backup gaming rig serving as office workhorse

Old compaq mini tower of the p3 variety running Ubuntu for sh!ts and giggles

Dell SMB server

Micron dual P-II server running SCO build 5.:rolleyes:

Angry Games and the moderators cannot participate in this poll because we all know that they have NewEgg or Tiger Direct in their households!:P

The mods don't care; 4 have already voted anyways :P

Seven,

1-Main rig

1-Server

1-In need of repair

1-Daughters (still chugging away with an old DFI NF4 Ultra-D)

1-Work Lappie

1-Wife's Lappie

1-Retired Dell Latitude C600 we keep for a backup

A better poll would be; "How many computer's could you build with all the spare parts around the shop, home and office? :))

Angry Games and the moderators cannot participate in this poll because we all know that they have NewEgg or Tiger Direct in their households!

Not only don't I read very well - all of mine are actually paid for out of my own pocket - No NewEgg, TG or anyone else handing out freebies to me :( Of course a couple of mine are tax write offs.

Guest Lavell

I hope that I didn't offend any mods by my comment. I only mention that in the sense that the mods may have many computer systems in their household. I was trying to add a little humor to the thread. I have much respect for all the mods here.:)

I know it was tongue in cheek, as was mine :) I can't speak for anyone else, but it didn't offend me at all. Carry on my wayward son, ther'll be peace when you are done.

Wev

p.s. sorry for voting, told you I can't read :)

LOL

I voted...I have tooo many to count and too many I could build out of the spare parts I have...

So when I get bored and have nothing to do I build a rig out of old spare parts...then sit it on the shelf and was it disintegrate...;)

Guest Lavell

Tax write offs?:confused: How are you able to do that? Inquiring minds want to know...

Of course a couple of mine are tax write offs.

If you use one or more computers in the course of your business then you may qualify for the tax write off explained in Section 179 of the IRS code. Computer(s) are considered business equipment and are subject to all of the same IRS allowances (restrictions) as if you were buying a copy machine, phone, piece of manufacturing equipment etc., depreciation allowances and so on.

While I'm in no means a tax accountant and don't proclaim to offer any business advice, I can tell you that you should talk with your CPA if you own your own business and your computer(s) are part of the assets involved with your business.