NiN album free on bittorrent

Angry_Games

I love Sarah too. I'm not a huge fan of NiN, but I support them like I support Radiohead (paid them $5 for their crappy album).

I always support artists who move away from piece of . record companies. On top of that, old gamers like me remember Reznor doing the Quake theme music!

Also note...for $5 it's a hell of a deal. Here's what you get:

1. 36 songs in your choice of mp3, FLAC, or Apple crappy lossless

2. PDF of 36 pictures, one that represents each song

3. wallpapers folder full of great pics from NiN (not the band, just stuff they like)

4. wallpapers folder for widescreen users

5. folder full of avatars, logos, etc

So here again, for $5...you are supporting THE BAND directly, not some jackass sitting in a chair in a record company office. Even if it was the shittiest band in the world (System of a Down in this case), I'd still give them $5 just because it will EMPOWER OTHER ARTISTS TO FOLLOW SUIT ONCE THEIR RECORD COMPANY CONTRACTS ARE FINISHED.

Or at least that's the hope!

Hey, I thought the Radiohead album was awesome. I paid $5 for that album too...worth it to me. I can agree with you on SOAD though, what kinda . is that :) I think when you buy albums from places like wal-fart and worst buy, the artists only sees a very small portion of that. It's not worth all the hassle when you can do it this way, if you make good music you know your fans will go to your concerts and pay for your album even if you do give it away for free.

Yep, I agree. When artists do it this way, I have a feeling they get the biggest chunk of the money. I'm also thinking maybe that the amount they get out of the $5 for this is probably still MORE than they get from a regular album sale through a record company.

A record/cd sale might get them $3 because of the high overhead a record company has (as well as the greed, let's not forget that), but out of $5 they might get $4 of it...

Either way, even if they get a dollar or a couple dollars less this way, this is still the way I prefer because I KNOW the artists are getting the biggest portion of the sales/profits.

I surely hope that other artists take this same route when their contracts are up!

Guest Modulok

I have the FLAC version downloaded. Its good, I'm sure that I will like it the more I listen to it.

I bought it last night around 8pm EST, their servers were getting so many requests that it died. They did maintenance over night and I got it this morning, about 90mins to download the 600MB zip file.

I like the fact when I play it in winamp that it switches the album art with each song, thats awesome. And the included art is cool, I like that they put that in.

Only if more bands would start using this method of distribution...

Yeah the quake 1 soundtrack was xxxxing awesome.

that was my favorite CD for a long time!

I'll download this when I get my 100 meg Fiber Internet installed in a couple weeks :) (island living is a little slow sometimes...)

All you flac downloaders, you gotta show us you listening rigs.

Also NiN isn't something to listen to, its something to analyze, or at least for me its that way. I don't listen to the music as whole, I just focus on certain parts at a time.