Artic Cooling's 8800 cooler

uneedav8

I agree with you on that. Switching from a 7950 GX2 to a 8800 GT, I'm finding that the 8800 is about 10C cooler, under load, with the stock fan. I'm running the stock fan at a constant 50% by way of Riva Tuner. I'm finding that the cards temps are quite cool. And the stock fan at 50% is quiet. I have the EVGA Superclocked version. I have not had a need to try to clock it further.

I'm really surprised that AC doesn't make double slot coolers for the gt, or any 8800 series cards. They were really popular. I won't get a card that doesn't exaust all that hot air out the back of the case. That's one reason i waited for the gts 512.

I'm liking the way that nVidia and AMD are starting to trend their gpu's, more power but less heat. The die shrinks have done a lot for that. After some of the scorchers that both companies have released in the past, it nice to see this current trend. Also, a cooler gpu translates into much a much cooler case which means I can push my cpu harder!

I'm running the stock fan at a constant 50% by way of Riva Tuner.

Hey off topic but I messed with riva tuner and couldnt figure out the fan speeds for my card, any advice would be nice:). I've been using powerstrip now because I'm not good with riva tuner so far. Its the 7600GT in my sig with a VF700 cooler connected to the card.