the NHL all star game

ArchVile

GUESS WHO IS GOING!!!!@ WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTT

saturday and sunday. all day long hockey, can't f*cking wait!!!:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

angry, i know your jealous, assuming you dont have tickets :-)

Guest Modulok

I hope you didn't spend too much on the weekend. This year is going to be awful. Crosby is injured, the two best goalies aren't going for personal reasons, I smell another NHL disaster. Oh, and its on Versus, the NHL will be extremely lucky to get a six figure audience.

I love hockey, but this year its really gonna be hard to watch it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=Aqxw...=yhoo&type=lgns

pretty much sums up my disgust with the NHL again. Losers making loser decisions (Bettman and crew).

When your top stars that are NOT injured are bailing out, you know it's a crappy product that won't attract any fans. The outdoor game was something they needed to build on but instead Bettman continues to blind himself with his own self-...who knows what the xxxx this dude is thinking anymore.

The game is SOOOOO much better than it was at any other time (trust me, I watch as many classic games on teh NHL Network as humanly possible). But with marketing skills of these jokers, it's no wonder the NHL is actually losing fans (and honestly, is there anything worse than seeing 50% empty seats in every single xxxxing arena except canadian and a few other select teams??? Red Wings...I am GLAD they are getting barely 9k a game...I hope they all choke and die, but the rest of the league...it's a sad sad affair that makes me a sad sexual harassment panda)

all Canadian teams and a few select US teams are always going to be packed houses.

As much as I hate Detroit and their crappy little arena and their crappy FSN telecasts where they whine and piss and moan in the SAME EXACT WAY as the jackasses that did TBS baseball (Atlanta Braves) for years...it really is sad that Michigan is so poor that in a city of about 4 million or so they can't fill a 20,000-ish seat arena...especially for a team that is insanely good this year.

meanwhile, with the death of loser-Wirtz, and Rocky taking over, the Blackhawks are starting to pack the house regularly again, especially against big rivals like Detroit and StL.

StL is great hockey town. My buddy that plays Rock Band with us on the weekend is a big Blues fan.

Other places like San Jose (not filling seats as good this year for some reason), Devils, Wild, etc are still packing the house.

Too bad they don't just close up shop in FL and Atlanta and Nashville and move those teams north to places like...Canada, Wisconsin, whatever. A place where people will appreciate hockey, even if its a crappy team (like the Panthers, Lightning)

Guest Modulok

How was it?

Not to put a negative spin on the thread any more, but read this:

On Versus in the U.S., the all-star game drew a 0.8 rating, up 14 percent, with 796,717 viewers.

The NBA all-star game drew 6.84 million U.S. viewers and baseball's all-star game drew 12.5 million.

hockey is still like herpes in this country because of dumbass decisions like "hey, let's put our product on VS channel that no one gets or no one cares about!" instead of taking less money to be on ESPN where casual people will actually watch the damn games...

we watched both the skills (LOVE IT!) and the All-Star game (how the xxxx did Staal get MVP??? Didn't anyone see Nash get a hat trick???)