New Speakers

Montol

Any suggestions?

I'll be using the Soundstorm onboard souncard, and I need a high quality system with a good responsive sub for a decent price.

So basically its a hugely wide category and I just need a few suggestions.

Thanks everyone

Those Logitech Z-2200s are a nice looking set, but what really caught my eye is those Z-5300s

5.1 audio setup, and its not so expensive as the Z-680s (though how much would I love to get my hands on those?)

For having Soundstorm audio, would I be able to hook these speakers directly up to my computer, or am I going to have to invest in a sound card? Something about the audio processor encoding but not decoding digital...something along those lines I can't exactly remember. Anyone have more info on that?

Looks like I'm gonna get a set of Logitech Z-2200s. Best performance for best value. I was looking at the Creative Labs 250D set as well, but I trust Logitech a LOT more - they haven't let me down yet.

Should work just fine with Soundstorm, unless I'm completely retarded

ya i got logitech and as long as you place the sub near something wood (my desk) it sounds crap good, i love em!

what if i put the sub on a wooden board or something? would it sound better?

thanks

Edited by BROWNjello109

• 1 month later...

Don't know if you already bought speakers (and sorry to bring up such an old topic), but I have the Altec Lansing 621 speaker set. I went to 3 different stores, brought a CD with me, and listened to all of their 2.1 speakers. This was, by far, the best sounding speaker system. It was right at $150, and the sound is rich and clean. It's amazing how good games sound on these "music" speakers.

I think they are discontinued though. :(