Project: Cm 690 Water Cooled - Worklog (pics, Pics, And More Pics)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

such a nice pc :)

Lookin good.

Looks great. Anything left you want to do with it? How's the watercooling working out? I've just built a new loop with a DD MC-TDX and a MPC-975X chipset block. It's taking forever to get the air out :(

Thanks everyone, this has turned out to be one of my better mods. Posting my progess pushed me to do a good job and complete the project. I have a few small thing left to do (cables and lighting mostly), other then that I have no idea of what to mod next.....so far, I really like how the case has turned out.

I been OCing some, seeing what the 8 multi can do. soundx98's ocing results with the new 45nm were impressive, making me want to push my 65nm to a higher oc. Seems I'm topping out at 510FSB. 511 fails prime within mintues, CPU and NB voltage helped a little but still fails my quick stress test (run prime 95 v255 and start a 3DMark). The 1:1 memory divider is the only option I can choose when running high FSB, everyother divider runs over 600Mhz. So if I want to keep the voltages within my limits, 510 FBS looks to be my max.

The watetcooling is working good. Waiting for the air to purge out of a loop is never fun, almost as boring watching paint dry. During my latest testing @ 4080 MHz (510 x 8) 1.4875V using prime 95; loaded core temps were topping out at 63-65 C - idled at 31-32 C - ambient temp of 20C.

The watetcooling is working good. Waiting for the air to purge out of a loop is never fun, almost as boring watching paint dry. During my latest testing @ 4080 MHz (510 x 8) 1.4875V using prime 95; loaded core temps were topping out at 63-65 C - idled at 31-32 C - ambient temp of 20C.

This is good news. Ever since I once was stable on the 680i board at 1.52v, I have not been able to get back to it, needing 1.6v to be anything close to stable since the RMA's board came back from eVGA.

The reason I say "good news" is that I have a DFI P35-T2R board coming this week along with some other goodies (major sig rework will need to be done).

My ambients are usually at 20C or lower and my idles are in the high 30C range right now. I don't even want to talk about load temps, especially at 1.6v. So I am taking it easy until I can make some changes.

This is good news. Ever since I once was stable on the 680i board at 1.52v, I have not been able to get back to it, needing 1.6v to be anything close to stable since the RMA's board came back from eVGA.

You'll like the P35 chipset :). One of the same reasons I switched from the 680i was I couldn't maintain a stable oc. I wonder how the Asus Striker II Formula or EVGA 780i does? I'm itch'n for a new challenge......for some odd reason I like the nvidia chipsets.

You'll like the P35 chipset :). One of the same reasons I switched from the 680i was I couldn't maintain a stable oc. I wonder how the Asus Striker II Formula or EVGA 780i does? I'm itch'n for a new challenge......for some odd reason I like the nvidia chipsets.

I thought about the 780i briefly, but after having my hands on a 8800GT for a while, SLI just doesn't make sense to me...and with the stability problems on my 680i, going to the 780i - since it has many common components with the 680i - just doesn't make me happy.

So back to DFI (eVGA can kiss my butt) :)

I was much happier with the Nvidia chipsets up to the 680i. The DFI 590 board I have still works fine for me...actually is BETTER as my Linux box than it ever was running XP...oddly enough. it always had boot issues with XP. Ran like a champ for days on end, but I dreaded rebooting.

Thanks for the info. Right now I have my E6850 running at 3.6 GHz @ 1.45v, and temps are high-20's idle and mid-40's load. But then again, I have the CPU and a chipset block on mine right now, where you have the CPU and GPU. I'm planning on pushing the CPU a little higher with my new mobo, and I'm curious if I'll see temps like yours.

Here's a SS @ 4080 MHz 1.4875V (bios), 100% loaded with P95v255 - 8hr 23m runtime. Core Temp reports 60C and Everest 59C for both cores. The P35 chipset runs cool with the stock hs (1.45V set in bios), NB temp is 41C, might reach 45C. :)

510fsbddr1021554141dl2.th.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Its been awhile but here's a small update:

Old memory cooler

1002977uk1.jpg

Replaced the fans with some sleeved UV green 40mm fans, added the side cf film, and cut the side mounts shorter.

1002984lk6.jpg

Side mount top and bottom (comes close to touching the video card so I installed a protective backing).

1003019dw0.jpg

1003015jk1.jpg

Sleeved the rear CPU fan.

1003038bj6.jpg

You can see how close the cooler comes to the video card, appears we have contact ;)

1003093xf1.jpg

Now if anybody can help me *>here<*, I might have a new voltage display panel to add. I started the mod but figured I better test out the meters, making sure I could get em to work and read properly.

1003112ty7.jpg

1003124hq3.jpg

Here's a few Hi-Res pics.....now you'll see all my mistakes ;)

1003070bigja6.th.jpg 1003075bigws3.th.jpg1003093bigzx9.th.jpg1003095bigof5.th.jpg1003103bigdm6.th.jpg

Edited by mknwatt

• 2 weeks later...

hi there wow very nice mod I'm new to mod community but this had been the best mod i had see so far quick question were the you get the mesh from any links i really want to do some mod with that mesh thanks in advantage