First 8800GT 512 review?

Repr

That's.....the new wonderful, all powerful new card from nvidea??? This is the new g92? My card beats it in some benchies I've seen! What a bunch of crap. Now i see what nvidia is doing, holding us at bay with the gt, gts and ultra's, milking the cash cow before they come out with the card i heard about that has 1gb of memory 3x's as many shaders and twice as fast, with a 65 nano tek, less power consumption, and a really, really fast card.

And it would cost about $6-700. And they give us this crap. Now i see they probably won't come out with that card until next spring, so I'm forced to step-up to a gtx. I just hope they come down in price now that this "card" has come out. What a let down.

On the other hand i wonder if ati-amd has spent almost 1/2 a mil on r+d.

rumour goes that nvidia postponed the release of the G92 since amd/ati made a chipset thats way faster then the G92. so maybe you should see to get one of those.

the stuff about being twice as fast etc etc was all crap. was to be expected. since you bought a 8800gts 320 id say you gotten a bad deal, since the GT will be in the same price range but beats the gts 320 and 640 pretty much all the time. however for poor people like me, who still got a 7XXX the GT is a brilliant card, that doesnt hit my wallet like a meteorite like a GTX would do. i just hope ATI will have his answer ready around the 12th, so i can even have a choice...otherwise ill buy a 8800GT on the 12th..

XFX!!! where is your 8800GT FATAL1TY?????

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a couple game benchies that my KO³ version @ 589/920/1450 beat that card in a couple game benchies. and i have the 320mb version. In about 1/2 those benchies my card is even or better. This is a bunch of crap. Again, i buy at the wrong time. I have the worst freakin' luck when it comes to buying pc parts.

And like i said before, They probably aren't going to release that new 1gbmem zillion mile an hour card until next spring, and I bet it's gonna cost more than $6-700. That's even if these rumours about such a card in production are even true.

Nvidia has me really po'd right now. :mad:

Looks like I'm stepping up to that gtx after all. I just hope they have the compassion to lower the price by at least 99¢ near the end of my step-up time. (12/21.)

Did you look at the reviews? It beats the 8800gts 320/640 is almost every test. If the stepup price is reasonable I'm going for it :)

From what I've seen in their forum and what the tek guys say, you get credit for whatever you paid for your card, plus you have a choice of shipping options. I read one guy paid $45 to have his shipped fast, and they botched it up. In our case, it would be a step down pricewise, (and performance-wise in my pov.) and i bet they won't allow that, just like they won't let you get an oc'ed card with a step-up. Only stock cards. But you can trade your oc'ed in, you just get a stock card.

I see...well thats lame. I wonder if I can return this card since I've had it for about 3 days. Gahh!

Depends on where you bought it and their return policy. Some sites won't let you rma the product unless it's broken, others do within the usual 30 day period. You will probably have to ask. I got mine from newegg, and it's past the 30 day return period.

I would'nt want that piece of crap card anyway. I'd rather have a steaming, power hungry gtx in there. Besides, like i said, my card beats this piece of . in some game benchies. I want the 9xxx series card.

If i have to wait 1 1/2 weeks w/o the use of my pc waiting for a new vcard, and pay shipping both ways, I'll bite the bullit and shell out another $3-400 for a card with 1gb of memory, and all the bells and whistles they claim the 9xxxseries card to be, besides being a 65nm core.

Edit i just read neweggs return policy-->Standard Return Policy

Return for refund within: 30 days

Return for replacement within: 1 year

This is our Detailed Standard Return Policy. Unless another return policy is indicated, products sold by Newegg.com are covered by this Standard Return Policy. Merchandise under this Standard Return Policy may be returned a) within 30 days of the original invoice date for a refund, or B) within one year of the original invoice date for a replacement of the same item. All returns require an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number. All items returned for a refund are subject to a 15% restocking fee.

Many manufacturers offer additional factory coverage. With regard to such, you should contact the manufacturer of your item directly for information regarding eligibility and specific Terms and Conditions.

Leaves me out. :sad:

Guest ElAguila

The unfortunate side-effect of being hard core oc'ers is that we are often technology "addicts" as well. I will be keeping my 640MBGTS... Well... Until I get the money and someplace has the newer cards in stock. :sweat: