Corsair v. OCZ v. Mushkin

I bought a 520W Corsair for my girlfriend's son's rig (SLI'ed 7800GTX's with a 4200+) a bit over a month ago. I was a little miffed at the modular cabling looms... more like ribbons than cable but they work well all the same. The 520W claims 40A while the 620W claims 50A... not too shabby. In all, I was quite pleased at the results and it hasn't missed a beat so far.

I bought a 520W Corsair for my girlfriend's son's rig (SLI'ed 7800GTX's with a 4200+) a bit over a month ago. I was a little miffed at the modular cabling looms... more like ribbons than cable but they work well all the same. The 520W claims 40A while the 620W claims 50A... not too shabby. In all, I was quite pleased at the results and it hasn't missed a beat so far.

Good to know that it worked out for you...Just one question about the cables...How was the length? I know thats something thats hard to judge but I guess my question is are the long enough to reach anywhere in a reasonably sized case?

so i got the ocz 700w gamerXstream, with all it's long dangling wires and all. :tooth:

Smart man Jaz, very smart man. I've had mine for several months now and it is solid. And I do mean solid.

The only thing that makes me sick is the price I paid for mine versus what one can be had for now :(

Good to know that it worked out for you...Just one question about the cables...How was the length? I know thats something thats hard to judge but I guess my question is are the long enough to reach anywhere in a reasonably sized case?

I've used the 520 for some time now with great success, cables reach fine in a Lian-Li V2000, dunno what you'd get that'd make you stretch much further than that. ;)

I believe Etasis is the brand that actually makes PSUs for other companies. Don't quote me on that, but I believe they're used pretty extensively. Look for Johnny Guru's page that shows where power supplies are made, I'm sure it's listed there and reviewed. Dunno if it's reviewed well of course...

I've used the 520 for some time now with great success, cables reach fine in a Lian-Li V2000, dunno what you'd get that'd make you stretch much further than that. ;)

I believe Etasis is the brand that actually makes PSUs for other companies. Don't quote me on that, but I believe they're used pretty extensively. Look for Johnny Guru's page that shows where power supplies are made, I'm sure it's listed there and reviewed. Dunno if it's reviewed well of course...

Yeah I havent seen too many cases that are bigger than a Lian-Li V2000 thats for certain...

I guess all I need to do know is go ahead and choose a PSU and buy it.

Right now unless I find anything to convince me otherwise its looking like the Corsair 620W is the way to go.

I have not had any problems with the cable length in the big CM Stacker case. And, I have an HX520 stuffed into the bottom of a P-180. It was not too bad. I took that lower Antec fan out of the case long enough to do the install so I had more room for my hands.

If you need specific cable lengths, see page 5: http://www.corsair.com/_productmanuals/Cor...lish_Manual.pdf

attachment.php?attachmentid=6214&d=1193338558

attachment.php?attachmentid=6215&stc=1&d=1193338630