Opty 165 No Lid

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a beautiful job of lapping, osen!

Glad to hear popping that lid off worked out so well for you - those are fantastic temps for a semi - "silent" case.

Well thanks, I'm very happy with it :D As you said kitfit1, with those blades from a razor you really need to take it easy, really sharp, cut myself up good without noticing it lol. I'm trying to get 3g's out of it but no succes so far. Needs 1.6V to be stable and that's to much for my taste, especially when it's perfectly stable at 330*9 (2970MHz) with 1.5V but needs 1.6 for only 36MHz more. Going to tinker some more with memory timings and such before I give in :)

And wevsspot, that mounting looks really solid. I'm using the original bolt down method for my Nocuta NH-U12, only with some washers to make up for the loss of height due to the IHS removal. But it uses springs so it "rocks" pretty easy from side to side and that's not good with a naked core :( Maby I'm going to try your method so I don't have an heart attack everytime I move the case lol

Mine is very solid mounted this way. This is using the metal X bracket that came with the TT Big Typhoon.

But in reality you could even do something similar with the OEM backplate if you found machine screws with the right sized head that would fit down into the counter-sinks of the OEM backplate. Either that, or enlarge the counter-sink holes in the OEM backplate to accept a slightly larger screw head.