SATA Questions about my board

Hey guys. I have a relatively new DFI nF4 SLI DR. This is my first time using SATA (I couldn't afford it until now) and will be ordering a drive in a month or two, probably the Seagate Perpendicular Recording 500 Gig drive. Someone gave me a gift of a used 80 gig SATA which I am using right now.

Well, that Seagate drive is the 3 Gb/S interface. Can someone tell me, does my motherboard support the faster SATA interface? How do I know which it is? Will I have to use a jumper?

Second question:

The second four SATA connectors with the SIL RAID: Do those SATA connections work ONLY in RAID, or can you run individal drives with those four too?

Seagate ships all there sata 3gbs HDD's with a jumper on the back limiting it to 1.5 gbs. This is to enure it is compatible from the factory with all motherboards. They say in the installation instructions that if you have a mb that supports 3gbs then remove the jumper for optimal performance..

I don't remember mine having a jumper but it's been awhile since I've looked at the back of them as well. Either way it's simple enough to change a jumper if need be. Maybe it was my WD drives that don't have the jumper?

From what I recall, the 4 ports handled by the nForce4 are SATA 3.0 Gbps, and the SiI ports are 1.5 only (3114 controller instead of 3134 I think).

n_w95482 is correct. The Sil 3114 is 1.5 only