Fantasy Football! only 4 more slots available! Get in Here!

Guest InFeKtioN_merged

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, Fek...do you think it would be better if we had two divisions of 8 teams each?

sorta like NFC/AFC?

After spending another hour at the league site, I keep going back to the first page and seeing 16 teams in "Division 1" and I keep thinking it might be more interesting to have 2 Divisions?

I might have to make an extra prize if we go that route (ie grand prize for the "Super Bowl" winner, 1st prize for the loser of the Supa Bowl, and then 2x 2nd prizes for the two teams that got beat in the divisional championship), but I'm ok with that.

Guess we got to decide like SOON eh lol

Guest InFeKtioN

I dont see any problems with that !!

Should we set it up for a tie breaker ?

take a look at the settings (to everyone) and see what we like and do not like !

I also would like to get some trophy ideas from you guys !

PS. does anyone have a Karajan Audio Module lay'n around that they do not need ?

LMK

Later

i think just 2 divisions of 8 teams (you can pick randomly from a hat for all I care) will be good...kind of a little late since I think the season starts tomorrow? But if we can and no one pisses and moans about it, then it would probably be a little more interesting...instead of facing off against 15 other teams, you only have to face off against 7 others

what kind of audio module?

Guest InFeKtioN

Ok ........

For (hopefully) a better experience I have made some changes ....we have 2 divisions now (8 teams each) and a playoff/championship bracket...

There will be a division champ (one for each division) and then a league champ for the gold ! for a better chance at a prize..

From my understanding the prize breakdown is like this : 4 prizes ..

2nd place in each division gets a "2nd place division" prize

1st place in each division moves on to the ship !!!!!!! DIY Bowl

2nd place in the DIYbowl gets a "2nd place Bowl" prize

1st place in the DIYbowl gets a "Doing-it-Yourself Fantasy Football League Championship 2nd To None - Best in the Land - Supa Bowl" prize !!!!!!

A Karajan Audio Module for a SLI DR / Expert ..... I think the Ultra D uses it also !

Guest InFeKtioN

Added some trophies and cleaned up a bit !

The message boards are open.

Free agents have been picked up ...... players droped.

Trades have begun !!!

Lets get in there and clean out those players that have retired, injured, been jailed, or just plain suck !!!!

Here is a little hint for some of us that may not be as informed as others on the who's who of the NFL 2007/8 season ....

If you want to find out who is a starting player or not playing at all or second string ........ go to the NFL website and @ the very top you will see logos for all of the teams. Those logos are links to the teams website !

Find the team the player plays for and when you get there look for a "roster/players" and or a "depth chart" link.

There one or two teams that I could not find or say coming soon .... but I would say that most of them do have it.

Good Luck and have FUN ! :tooth:

ps. A_G .... did you get my pm about PP ?

Later M8s

ya, got it, thank you very much. I'll try to email my brother and ask him for sure this time what trophies they give away lol.

I like the two divisions thing, but it looks like we still play everyone regardless of division.

If possible, can you set the schedule to only allow division play + maybe 1 or 2 cross-division games? I think it would be a bit more exciting that way (and can you rename them "AFC" and "NFC" or such?) if we played the games inter-division only with 1 game against the other division for each of us.

Maybe some of you others won't think so but...I think so so let me know what exactly you think lol.

If we can do this, I think I'll make a new temp section here at the forum for the league smacktalk board and divide it up between AFC and NFC (so all of us in the NFC can go spam-bomb those losers in the AFC wahahahaha)

I'd rather use the boards here than ESPN's boards...this place is much more familiar.

Guest InFeKtioN

NFC, AFC, names done !

I tryed the other day to reset the schedule to play within the divisions, but there is no option for this.....

Now...... I can do this manual. I was looking @ the schedule and it stays within the divisions until week 5. If someone can set down and figure out a good divisional schedule I will gladly enter all the changes...... If no one else minds..

It may be better that way, not sure...... we still will have 13 regular season games each and we will still have seperate (NFC, AFC) win/loss rankings.

But yeah ..... I do know what you meen by only playing your division.

And like I said.... if someone can look @ the schedule, figure out a new one to reflect this without getting a headach (like I did ... lol) I will maually change it.

It should be done b4 Thurs tho ! 1st game !

LMK

I'll take a look tonight when momma goes to bed unless someone else feels like contributing.

13 regular season games = 12 divisional games + 1 cross-division game. I think I like the sound of that.

Let's see what everyone else thinks but everyone else needs to be thinking (and posting) before...Wednesday since the first game is either Thursday or Sunday or Saturday lol you can sense how close I pay attention to football eh?

12 divisional games + 1 cross-division game

Sounds like the NHL! ;)

I'm going to vote for 11 div and 2 cross div just for some more flavor but obviously everyone will have their own opinion. Since we already decided on cross div games maybe we could have a poll. 10 div 3 cross, 11 div 2 cross, 12 div 1 cross. Just an idea.