HS cleaning alcohol What and where (UK)

s1ick

Well I have been doing other things for 6 or so months but because of my new placement job I have gotten back into messing around with my computer. And am enjoying it again. (will update sig with the latest hardware asap, i might even get photoshopping again)

However now I have top notch bits and am therefore looking at optimising my techniques. I am firstly looking at lapping my heatsink of which i have found an excellent guide in the tutorials section. Secondly I have been advised to use alcohol that comes in a sprayable can, can someone advise me on exactly what to use and if possible where to purchase it from.

Thanks in advance

Edd

I currently use arti clean, but was advised that using the alcohol was more effective and it makes sense and it evaporates leaving nothing, where as other products could leave a microscopic layer effecting heat transfer from the IHS-TIM or TIM-IHS. Thanks for your input though.

With a bit of investigation it seems arci clean say that alcohol doesnt emulsify the surface and clean it properly. hmmm i see a project ahead. to determine the most effective cleaner.

Edd

lol no alcohol isnt more effective unless you mean cost effective, as in I already have some... I'd use arctic clean if you can order some easy, but to be honest, if there's not anything obvious stuck to your surface (like lint, or peanut butter :-P), you probably won't see much difference... I haven't seen any difference in temps, just noticed the surface looks prettier before I apply ceramique :-P

use whaty easy and readily available...

have you got a sealed room where you keep your computers, where tempratures are at a constant setting if not the diff inusing these cleaning products on your temps is opening a window or door, really isopyl alcohol will clean it just fine i find the wipes that hospitals use to clean an area before a shot to be perfect and very handy.

Isopropanol found at your local drug store. It is 99% alcohol therefore doesn't leave any residue behind after you've used it. I'm looking at my 2 bottles right now which are Life brand. Not sure if you get that in the UK but brand doesn't matter at all.

BTW it's the best thing to use if your making honey oil as well. Just thought I'd throw that out there. ;)