DFI 975X/G - E6300 running 2850Mhz need advise on chipset cooler

THXMAN

Hi all just got my OCZ XTC Gold 7200 2x1GB Kit. I just tried them runs very nice, my CPU is now runnng 2850Mhz. but i want to go a little higher but my chipsets cooler get a little hot about 52-55 degrees . what is the max temp for the chipset ?.

• 2 weeks later...

just stick a 40mm on the SB and a 50mm on the nb. this will cool it nicely. im using it right now w/ my board does the job. cheap too. i used a heavy duty 3M double sided tape on both fans.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

does anyone know the distance between the 2 north bridge mounting holes

on a 975X Mobo as I am looking at moving to a Swiftech MCW30, from the standard block that is on it.

This has variable mounting holes of 53mm - 60mm

Can anyone help at all please

regards

Doc

Hi all just got my OCZ XTC Gold 7200 2x1GB Kit. I just tried them runs very nice, my CPU is now runnng 2850Mhz. but i want to go a little higher but my chipsets cooler get a little hot about 52-55 degrees . what is the max temp for the chipset ?.

HR-05 is what I use and I would recommend it to everyone and anyone.

edit: max temp is 90C but I'd never let mine get above 69C

52-55 is just fine, but a decent aftermarket cooler will bring it down a bit more

A question for you guys with the TR HR-05 coolers. Would the SLI version have any problems mounting on the 975x/g?

I'm forced to go with the SLI version or to turn my HSF and mount the fan on top blowing down twards the graphics card due to the size of the Ultra-120. While the HR-05 SLI looks like it would reach around and sit right near the CPU HSF intake fan and get cooled very well.

Thanks!

the SLI and non-SLI HR-05 work just fine

Thanks Angry, the hook and wire retention bracket the 975 has worries me with putting an aftermarket cooler on that has the reach of the SLI version. Was thinking it may not be able to hold it down over the die.