Preliminary O/C on new E6600

So I got the CPU in yesterday and I am still waiting on my Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme coupled with a Silenx 14dba 72CFM fan.

The stepping of the E6600 is:

Intel Core 2 Duo

Intel®C '05

6600 SL9Zl MALAY

2.40gHZ/4m/1066/86

L649G984

Now I am not sure if this is a good stepping so I will let you tell me. However so far it has hit 2.8ghz on the Retail Heatsink and fan. I have not pushed harder since I am still trying to find some guides for my new DFI Infinity 975. If you have any useful info on the best way of getting started on this O/C that would be appreciated.

The system it will be in is listed below. I will probably withhold until Monday/ Tuesday for major O/C’ing since it is best to use the right Heatsink/fan. I was told the Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme is a beast so we shall see how it fans out.

Tell me what you think since I am used to O/C on the Venice 3200 and dfi Ultra D

I was told the Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme is a beast so we shall see how it fans out.

Take a look at this review from Anandtech, the fan in use is the 120mm Scythe S-Flex.

When you start OC'ing the Ultra 120 Extreme is going to be about 25C cooler than stock Intel, and even about 5C cool than the Tuniq Tower.

And it looks like it's going to be plenty expensive and available soon. I've seen a couple e-tailers listing it for pre-order, shipping May 2nd @ $60 US.

• 1 month later...
I just got the Extreme and a SilenX 72cfm 120x25mm fan are there any good E6600 or C2D Faq's I can read to Succesfully O/C on my Infinity the best ( similar to the DFI Ultra D AMD64 guides?)

Pretty much the same info applies with maybe a few differences. The only guides I've ever read was the one on this site and maybe 1 other one. But from that I was able to learn to OC with my old Opty rig...and with my newer C2D rig I OCed it no problem. So basically it's not that big of a difference going from AMD to Intel as far as overclocking goes.