What steps to take before flash BIOS?

What things do I need to do before I flash my BIOS? I want to try the executable method, the one that boots from the floppy, is it a good method?

people still use floppy these days?
What can I say, I'm old and too lazy to slipstream RAID drivers into a WindowsXP cd every time I change platforms, which happened 3 times last month..

Floppies obsolete? Heh, I just use it for BIOS.

Well, I flashed the BIOS, but Wardog, tell me about Tmod's BIOS, how is it different?

How do I know what Revision my board is/model #? Is this on a sticker on the PCI slot (I'd have to remove the board to see it dag blast it), or is it also on the box it shipped in?

Well, I flashed the BIOS, but Wardog, tell me about Tmod's BIOS, how is it different?

Nicely I'll say this. Instead of handholding your way through it I might suggest you read through a smattering of the posts there. And consider yourself why it is a better method.

Definately TMods CD ftw......when it comes to flashing, i flash at my stable clocked speed and never had a problem, never have backed down to stock runnings. my feeling is if you consider it a stable clock, why in the world would you want to play with the bios settings, again and again?..... most flashing problems are user generated, properly prepared it is a snap....

and, when it comes to TMods CD, boot to CD, click, wait, done....

laterz,

baldy

Here's my method.

Power down PC

Full and proper CMOS clear

Power-up, boot and load BIOS defaults

A couple of Memtest passes to confirm memory stability

Set CD Rom as first boot device

Throw in Tmods BIOS flash CD, navigate through the available m/b - BIOS combinations

Pick the one you want (everything is pretty much just point and click) let Tmod's CD re-program the BIOS

Reboot. Shutdown.

Full and proper CMOS clear again

Power-up, boot and load BIOS defaults

Memtest a couple of passes again at BIOS default settings

Ok to proceed with any BIOS tweaking you need for your particular hardware

Memtest again, more extensive (I always let mine run overnight)

Once I've passed Memtest I install the OS or boot into the original installation

Run Orthos for eight hours - if you pass that you're good to go except for some 3D torture like the 3DMark series

My personal favorite BIOS for the DFI NF4 boards (except for the Expert) is the 0704-2bta. It plays pretty with most memory and cpu combinations (at least enough to get you into the BIOS for your own tweaking).