Laptop Question

THEnumber337

Out of curiosity for those of you who have or have owned a laptop. Sometimes I notice that after having my laptop on for extended amounts of time I notice that it gets really hot (duhh :P ) which lead me to a thought. Have any of you ever taken apart your laptop to replace the TIM with AS5 or Ceramique before? I'm sure it can be done and I'm sure it voids the warranty but it's just a thought.

I did on a customers laptop...but that was because the airways were filled with dust and I had to take it a part anyway. I haven't bothered with it...laptops inherently run hotter than desktops. You could just get a cooling pad.

Did it to my dad's Thinkpad T40.

He had a mass of dust that apparently caused a short or something, because whenever he touched a specific section of the laptop, the screen would display white and black lines and make the lappy unusable.

Cleared the dust, and while was at it, put some AS5 on. The factory screws were screwed on as if they didn't want us to take it off :mad:

It was pretty interesting to take apart the laptop, though. Pretty well organized for a package only an inch thick :)