Laser Mouse

kiikkuja

Razer makes some awesome looking mouses and i really would like to buy one, but is it really worth it? I have logitech comfort desktop (wireless optical mouse)

and i'm generally pleased with it but when i play fear or something similar i get the feeling my mouse could be more accurate. The Logitech MX revolution or the G7 would be nice too...or would it.

So long story short: would i know the difference if i would change from optical to laser mouse?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have always been puzzled by the term "accurate". i always slam the sensitivity all the way up in most all my games, but notice the cross hairs jump 4 or 5 pixels at the smallest movements (makes sniping impossible)... is this what "accurate" refers to? BTW i have an elcheapo logitech click! mouse :).

anyhow, i was seriously considering the microsoft habu gaming mouse (joint effort between microsoft and razer)... looks nice and should most certainly be better than what i have now (i hope :D).

I have a few Razers just recently bought a copperhead loved it so much bought another for my work computer.

But it's all about the feel you have with your current mouse. Is it comfortable, is the mouse speed turned up. There is a lot to consider the logitech is nice to the G5 and G7 are nice.

I returned a G5 in favour of a Razer Diamondback - i like the scaleable sensitivity adjustment, unlike the Logi, which only had a choice of 3 settings.

The only thing i don't like about the Razer is both L & R buttons are a bit of a 'hair trigger', making it too easy to accidentally press them in the heat of the moment.

This is good for me (everyday use, occasionally games, little else), a little chunky though. In fairness you can adjust the dpi with the software, and use it to set five levels of sensitivity. And there's the weights to put in it, if you like. It doesn't look half so smart, mind. :D

No. The sensitivity is always turned quite slow...so maybe it wouldn't be worth it after all. If the new laser thingie would be just as good as my current wireless

optical mouse theres no point getting one then?

EDIT: What i meant was...please convince me into buying a new mouse...i really want one LOL!!

I'm a Logitech G5 user at home and work. My MX-1000 got me started using a heavier mouse since it's wireless. Other optical mice are just too light in my hand to be comfortable anymore.

The adjustable weights on the G5 make it easier to balance the feel. At work my mousing surface is not as slick as at home. This meant I had to remove a couple of weights to get the same feel as at home.

There aren't a lot of mice that allow you to do this.

I just received my G5 laser mouse from the Egg and I have to say it will take some getting used to the controls. The software allows you set sensitivity to suit just about anyone's taste. I love the weighted "box" you can use to make your mouse have just the right feel.

It's perfect for folks with large hands.

This being my first laser mouse, I think I will grow to love it compared to the traditional MS optical offerings.

I tried the razor diamondback mice(BestBuy had some demo models on display) and those two side buttons are annoying to say the least. Maybe if you have small hands they won't get in the way but I doubt it. I have to wonder why developers think those buttons would work good where they placed them. That's kinda like the complete morons who designed several p965 chipset motherboards with the IDE connector right next to the SATA ports.