Going for the long shot.

Guest r3d c0m3t_merged

Guest r3d c0m3t

I've been looking for an X1900 CFE card for the longest of time, and I found it when Newegg still had about two in stock, but it was too expensive at the time - so, naturally I saved up the money. Come time to make the purchase it's sold out and I spent the money on other things (majority of the new things present in my sig). Now, I'm looking for it again and it's even harder to find...does anyone know of any places that still sell X1900 CFE cards under $400 - because that's largely ridiculous, although if I have no other choice...I'll bite the bullet.

Help is really appreciated. :)

Guest Lavell

Wow! I can say I was lucky to get mine last year. At this point, your best bet is either check the forums here to see if someone is selling it or head to Ebay.

That's an X1950, can't use that unless I brought another X1950 to with it. Thanks for the effort, though. :cool:

Um, I have 4 X x1950 series cards and I can use any one of them individually if I choose. You don't have to buy a second x1950 to get one CrossFire Edition card to run. As with any CrossFire Edition card, regardless of whether an x1900 or x1950, you only need two cards if you plan on running in full CrossFire mode. The x1950 series has higher clocks, and DDR4 memory as compared to just DDR3 for the x1900 cards and the stock fans on the x1950s are quieter and more efficient than those on the x1900 series.

I'm selling my first two ATI Radeon x1950s, one an x1950xtx 512MB GDDR4 and the other an ATI Radeon x1950 CrossFire Edition. I paid nearly $500 each for them just last year, when they first came out and were nearly impossible to find; bought the x1950xtx from NewEgg and the x1950 CrossFire Edition form SpaceCenterSystems in Texas. I broke down and bought the matched Uber set a couple of months ago, so I don't need two sets. I'm keeping the Uber set, but I'm willing to part with one or both of the x1950 series. If you get the CrossFire Edition first, you can add any type/brand of ATI CF Ready card to get CrossFire to work later, since the CF Edition comes with the dongle and the others don't.

Um, I have 4 X x1950 series cards and I can use any one of them individually if I choose. You don't have to buy a second x1950 to get one CrossFire Edition card to run. As with any CrossFire Edition card, regardless of whether an x1900 or x1950, you only need two cards if you plan on running in full CrossFire mode. The x1950 series has higher clocks, and DDR4 memory as compared to just DDR3 for the x1900 cards and the stock fans on the x1950s are quieter and more efficient than those on the x1900 series.

I think what he means is that he cannot use his X1900 in Crossfire with it.

I think what he means is that he cannot use his X1900 in Crossfire with it.

Oh, OK, that makes more sense. I do believe you can use it with an x1950, but from what I remember it just runs at the speed of the lower card. For example, the x1950s run @ 650MHzx2,000MHz DDR, and when you add a slower card like an x1900 that runs @ 625x1,450 it makes both run at the lower speed.

I think RubberDucks' idea of getting an OEM x1900 would probably work more to r3d c0m3ts liking, especially since there's no way I'd sell my cards for as little as $259 each. I was thinking more like $350 each for mine or maybe @ $650 for the pair of x1950s I have.

Guest r3d c0m3t

I just had a rather obscure thought, anyone know if it's possible to run an 1900XT and XTX in unison without the XT being a specific master card?