Would You Do It If Given The Chance

bigred

I also preferr to buy locally, but the store needs to be conveniently located close to my area, otherwise I almost forget about it, and almost no one in our city stocks motherboards, and high end CPUs, they normally have to be ordered in anyway, so I end up usually buying online anyway.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in the Rochester Hills are in MI and the CBW here seems to get tons of business.. + this area is a very RICH area.. I dont know how I afford to live here myself.. I guess its cuz Im really considerd Shelby/ Utica Township. lol..

I would say If you belive you can handle all the responcibility then go for it!

I know I cant spell..

And if you end up getting the one down here.. its an Awesome Area.. it really is..

shelby already has one, so does novi, troy, farmington, roseville, madison heights, auburn hills... I just need to come up with a better local right now.

as far as the $$$ clients have there's 2 major reasons a company like this could do great. #2 richest county in the nation is Oakland County, Michigan. the other is the BIG 3 and the spending they do. GM, Ford, and Diamler Chrysler have more $$$ than you can imagine. and they spend it like it's going out of style.

i need a better job man, i'll relocate. lol. but anyway i wish there was such a store here in nc other than crap best buy and curcuit city. it sounded like a good idea to me. but you have eenough money as is.....share the wealth.

people make money by working had taking oppotunites and taking risks..you work hard...you have an oppotunity..all thats left is if u want to take the risk. 50 grand is a alot but if u can make it back fast i see no reason not to..but might want to run it by some family/ close friends for advice aswell

I really don't know everybody here, so I really don't know your business adminstrative skills, but I know for sure, even if the odds are stacked against you, you can still make a living out of it. Of course adminstrative skills include:

1)Marketing (includes everything you don't think it includes, like distribution and development placement of products)

2)Financing (Cutting costs intelligently)

3)Operational Behavior (keeping your employees in line and happy, you may be working in a warehouse, but you'll still have employees)

There might be a few other things, but basically you need to prepare and plan intensively and improvise intelligently. If you believe you have these skills, go ahead and do it.

And the manager thing? DON'T DO IT!!! It might seem like a good idea to have a good friend do it, but the fact is, his a$$ is not on the line, so he wouldn't care about it as much as you ...

my two pennies ...

open it in oklahoma so i have a decent place to buy stuff lol
No, come to cincinnati and open one. I saw on their webpage that they are available for franchising in ohio. Come on, do it, come to cincinnatie and open an new computer store, I'll be your best friend if you do. :P lol Just kidding red. But honestly, from everything you have said it sounds like you would see a return on the investment. It's just a matter of having more to deal with and the added stress. Which Im sure there would be a lot of at first. I've worked in two places now when they first opened up, and I know the managers and owners were all stressed the F out during the first few weeks and months.