Leak Check

uneedav8

How long do you guys usually run the pumps to make sure there are no leaks and its good to go? I have read overnight in some articles. After the fill, some suggest jump starting the PSU to power the pumps while leak testing. Is that jump start method with connecting the two pins on the ATX ok on the PSU? I have heard some in here say that you can destroy the PSU if you leave it on without devices connected. Thanks for any help.

I very much doubt that jumpering a PSU (for any length of time) is going to be hard on a power supply.

I usually wait about...oh...an hour or two, mostly because thats about how long it takes to fill it (for me). But then I'm an impatient bastard as well. :)

I'm with danvan on the however long it takes to get the system bled leak test but you might want to give it a little longer if it's your first time just to be sure. 4 or 5 hours will be long enough to determine if there are any leaks in the system. From that point I just mark my fill line where the water level is with the computer off and check it daily..

I agree with the guys! I use an old 300W PSU to fill and bleed the system because most of the modern PSU won’t turn on when you jump them without load. So you need to connect some drives etc. to do the trick. Like I said use an old PSU and you will be fine. :)

lol I know it sounds horrible but I leak test with everything installed.

As long as I know that the blocks aren't known to leak, I trust my clamps.

But I don't just power up the system and go, I make sure the loop is filled and run it without the system on overnight usually.

I personally use my main PSU to power the pump for leak testing. I don't leak test for any given amount of time; I just use the system as soon as all the bubbles are out of the line (often w/in about 2-3 hrs).

I've never had any leaks in my rig; but I do secure the clamps quite tightly.

I'm with the first 4 responders, he he he. I'm impatient too. I use a psu that came with one of my cases to power the pump with an Asus board. As soon as the air bubbles are gone, well it usually takes me about couple of hours to do, then I run the system right away. But, it never hurts to be cautious about this things. Do a thorough leak test for at least overnight with the line, then when you are comfortable with your clamps and what not then run it.

The longest I have leak tested is 8 hours. The only reason I let it go that long is it was my first time.

Now I let it test for a few hours, really just long enough to bleed the air out of the system. I too am impatient about it.

Though, I am very meticulous about all the connections & am generally confident that there won't be a problem.

I also test it in the case with all the components, but I don't power anything up except the fans & pump.

The longest I have leak tested is 8 hours. The only reason I let it go that long is it was my first time.

Now I let it test for a few hours, really just long enough to bleed the air out of the system. I too am impatient about it.

Though, I am very meticulous about all the connections & am generally confident that there won't be a problem.

I also test it in the case with all the components, but I don't power anything up except the fans & pump.

Same here. I make sure to get the clamps tight so I've never had any problems.