Gigabyte ds3 + e4300

Very nice overclocks,

Raider, have you tried changing the multi on that cpu to 10 or so?

I don't know if that board supports unlocked multi's.

no...in the bios it only goes from 6-9 IIRC.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey raiderfan do you think you can list what bios option u have disabled and enable to get those clocks, so i can try and copy them to see if i can hit that as well. would really appreciate it :)

redrumy3

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Raiderfan001. I have the 2007 Trial Version of Everest, and it doesnt even include the Engineering Sample as a list entity. Maybe they have dropped it from 2007, but it might be worth seeing what the latest Everest Version displays.....

I just installed the 2007 version and it still shows the same thing.

normal_everest2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a DS3 R. 3.3 yesterday to replace an Infinity 975X that died after 2 weeks.

Pretty solid board so far. FSB is stable beyond 500, memory overclocking is a ton better than the 975X, allowing for some fairly easy DDR1100 two hour orthos runs. We'll see how hard she can be pushed throughout the week.

Only real problem I have with the board is the Jmicron controller. Very poor transfer speeds from both the IDE and the sata controller. The location of the IDE port leaves a lot to be desired as well.

I just got a DS3 R. 3.3 yesterday to replace an Infinity 975X that died after 2 weeks.

Pretty solid board so far. FSB is stable beyond 500, memory overclocking is a ton better than the 975X, allowing for some fairly easy DDR1100 two hour orthos runs. We'll see how hard she can be pushed throughout the week.

Only real problem I have with the board is the Jmicron controller. Very poor transfer speeds from both the IDE and the sata controller. The location of the IDE port leaves a lot to be desired as well.

Here's a screenie for the DS3 Rev. 3.3 I just built with 2 WD 250gb SATA II 8mb cache in R.A.I.D. 0

also using the Jmicron controller(purple ports). "Long bench (32mb zones)"

graidtx5.jpg

Still scratchin' my head about the 22% CPU utilization and from my understanding you can only do R.A.I.D. with two drives on this mobo.:mad:

hi all,

i got the E4300 but with gigabyte ds3p rev 3.3. it seems that i'm stuck at 300FSB.

below are my voltage setting:

vcore - 1.400V

vdimm - 2.3V

MCH - +0.30

fsb - +0.20

please guide me.

p/s - i'm using usb keyboard and mouse, does this hinder my overclockability? is there any other bios than F4 that i can try for this board?