Your favorite hardware news/review site?

rainwood

Visiting the hardware news/tech sites and skim over the news/reviews is almost my daily routine.

I guess, many web sites show up every day, and there will be many 'good' hardware news/tech sites that I do not know. Though I also guess that many sites disappear every day and so my (and your) input will be out of date very soon, I really like to know which hardware news/review sites you guys like to visit.

And I’d appreciate if you could provide the links to the articles/reviews that are controversial/educational/impressive/influential/interesting/heart-touching/nonsensical/surprising or whatever you think that you like to let everyone know.

Well, shall I begin?

Sites:

Airticles/reviews:

[H]ard|OCP:

Real world Gamig CPU comparison series:

"Intel Core 2 Gaming Performance"

Date: 06/14/2006

"Real-World Gaming CPU Comparison with 8800 GTX SLI"

Date: 01/22/2007

FrostyTech:

"The Top 5 Heatsinks (AMD/Intel)"

Date: N/A

Hardware Secrets:

"Why 99% of Power Supply Reviews Are Wrong"

Date: 12/20/20006

Tom's Hardware

"Can You Run Nvidia Dual Graphics Without SLI?"

Date: 08/17/2006

"GeForce 8800 Needs The Fastest CPU"

Date: 11/29/2006

PC Perspective

"Vigor Monsoon II Active TEC CPU Cooling System Review"

Date: 07/30/2006

I like DailyTech for mainstream stuff, Bit-Tech for odd news with a British twist, and VR-Zone for crazy hardware mods.

And if I want to hear heavily biased reviews, I head over to Tom's Hardware

(which is almost never lol)

That's the thing about all review sites, they all have their own agenda.

Travis put it best:

(like review items since we won't be relying on mfg's to supply us with anything as that's usually a conflict of interest if the product is a pile of junk)

I like bit-tech.

They often have news bits about the latest antics/downfalls of the MPAA, RIAA, etc.

Would be a good topic for a poll.

:eek:

Just browse through Torrentspy or Isohunt for user comments on the subject... :shake:

Ought to look at Security Now. The linked site leads to some good Internet security tests as well (kind of off t, I know).

http://www.grc.com/securitynow.htm

Guest PP Mguire

I go to overclock3d.net and read their reviews. Pretty much news they get from these sites updated everyday.

Interesting. I really enjoy visiting the sites that I didn’t know.

And if I want to hear heavily biased reviews, I head over to Tom's Hardware

(which is almost never lol)

My old Tom! I like their charts (VGA, CPU, Hard Disk, Router & NAS)!. BTW, I though that you visit “PC Perspective”, too (I think that you mentioned the site in the Vigor TEC cooler thread, but I could be wrong).

Personally i think the inquirer is a bunch of bs, but thats just my opinion.

…this is the site that I visit to seek for some tech. info. (especially NVIDIA related rumors) first in the morning. I somewhat agree. I think that the ‘news’ on the site are not ‘news’ but, rather, rumors and speculation.

I like bit-tech.

They often have news bits about the latest antics/downfalls of the MPAA, RIAA, etc.

Would be a good topic for a poll.

Actually I was about to start this thread in the “polling Station” forum. But I decided to start this thread here, “Off Topic & Introductions”, because I think that the input won’t stay up-to-date and the tool (poll tool) might not fit to use the growing input (, or I am just lazy to learn how to use the tool…).

Guest PP Mguire

I agree on the INQ thing. Ive never really read anything "real" from there, and anything posted on OC3D realted to it we all think is BS anyways.