120mm Fan On Slk-800

exeter_acres

Running an SLK-800 with a 92mm fan on it, and want to try to put a 120mm fan on...

anyone done this? if so, how?

I probably will need to fabricate a bracket of some sort...

or get a 120 to 80mm adapter, put that on a Tt ducting mod and mount that :P

Ideas?

(p.s, just received the fans from zipzoomfly.com and when you read posts from fools that slice their own fingers on computer fans...... believe them... as I am now one of those fools typing with a bandaid on the end of my finger! :blink: )

I probably will need to fabricate a bracket of some sort...

or get a 120 to 80mm adapter, put that on a Tt ducting mod and mount that :P

I doubt that it'll fit in your case? :lol:

I've got the ducting mod with a Tornado fan (38mm thick), and it's darn close to my side panel.

120mm on a hs that is just crazy

i have one used as a case fan running at 12v at it moves some serious air, but one on a hs is an overkll.

if u really wanted to u should put it on the panel and put a ducting hose on to the hs, that would probably work really well

I'm assuming that you want more airflow with less noise.Fabricating an adapter or duct should work for you.HHHmmmmmm I may have to try myself. Tornados can get annoying.Not sure if the adapter and duct would fit together but cutting each one to suit your needs might . Please post pics if you do it.

You forgot baleing wire and bubble gum

And zip ties ;)

Now, my biggest concern is, if you try to shove all the air from a 120mm fan into the heatsink through a tube or converter, won't that make it louder? It just seems to be that all the resitance on the walls would increase the noise.

Of course, I am not a sound or a ducting expert, and I have never heard a tornado, but that is what first ran through my head :)

aight.. make a fan bracket.. mount the bracket to like the top of ur case.. and let the 120mm fan hang.. then make some sort of ghetto duct, to the heatsink.. so the airs just not blowing everywhichway..