R600 BENCHED! Just as expected.

Thraxz

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It still did very well for a card that has'nt even been finalized yet. I'm sure the card will actually do better than what was shown in that review... All we can do is wait and see!

QFT. Only time will tell.

I will say this in ATI deffense the card I bought absolutely screams and the video and image quality is superb and also the most important thing of all is that the Driver CD that came with the card is absolutely stable and rock solid as far as drivers go. My beef has been that beyond that the drivers after 3 official releases are just starting too be equivilent too the base Driver CD that comes with the card!

But also on another note I notice that their drivers are like CREATIVE if you uninstall ther drivers and update too new ones you are looking at a reformatt even using DriverCleaner, where as Nvidea's drivers I have never had too reformat because I uninstalled and reinstalled new drivers!

I will say this in ATI deffense the card I bought absolutely screams and the video and image quality is superb and also the most important thing of all is that the Driver CD that came with the card is absolutely stable and rock solid as far as drivers go. My beef has been that beyond that the drivers after 3 official releases are just starting too be equivilent too the base Driver CD that comes with the card!

But also on another note I notice that their drivers are like CREATIVE if you uninstall ther drivers and update too new ones you are looking at a reformatt even using DriverCleaner, where as Nvidea's drivers I have never had too reformat because I uninstalled and reinstalled new drivers!

You mean the nVidia drivers? Absolutely true, because while ATI Catalyst installs and uninstalls as easy as they do... nVidia Forceware are nothing but problem after problem after problem, with lots of luck involved in the middle. ATI Catalyst have a lot of problems at driver level, indeed they had, but as a program and as a regular Windows Component they are very easy to work with... while nVidia are more or less the opposite, and with their "we update drivers ever decade" policy, people with newer cards are left unsupported; this 7950GX2 was a nightmare at the beggining, from games to Skype video... all was wrong.

Then there is SLI... lol, I am probably one of the few who didn't had any problem when I ran it. I want to try Crossfire this time... dual R600, and see what happens :tooth:

You mean the nVidia drivers? Absolutely true, because while ATI Catalyst installs and uninstalls as easy as they do... nVidia Forceware are nothing but problem after problem after problem, with lots of luck involved in the middle. ATI Catalyst have a lot of problems at driver level, indeed they had, but as a program and as a regular Windows Component they are very easy to work with... while nVidia are more or less the opposite, and with their "we update drivers ever decade" policy, people with newer cards are left unsupported; this 7950GX2 was a nightmare at the beggining, from games to Skype video... all was wrong.

Then there is SLI... lol, I am probably one of the few who didn't had any problem when I ran it. I want to try Crossfire this time... dual R600, and see what happens :tooth:

Have to agree never had a single problem uninstalling an ATI driver in 7 years of using em. My only complaints have come from after using the NV drivers with Temp monitoring in them and faster loading times.

Not sure about uninstalling NV drivers as well I just got my card and don't expect an updated driver for a few months... That is one thing I'll miss... Consistantly updated drivers...

Kinda going off topic of the R600 now... Lets hope some samples work their way into the hands of other reviewers soon! :D

I think it means Quite Fu**ing true :)

...or Quoted For Truth

I like UncleDavid's definition better :P

The only things worrying me are $$$ and WATTS... first because I want two cards, yeah I am crazy... and second because I want two, lol twice crazy I guess... imagine the PSU the system will require :rolleyes:

I like UncleDavid's definition better :P

The only things worrying me are $$$ and WATTS... first because I want two cards, yeah I am crazy... and second because I want two, lol twice crazy I guess... imagine the PSU the system will require :rolleyes:

How about the single rail pc power and cooling 1kw, or two of my psu's!!