Serious Troubles....

charlie22911

yeah i will agree with brother esau your PSU might be a bit on the low end, and if you have ran that in your nf2 rig, it might be a tooking a dump on you

opty 165 + x1950 thats a high end system you got there the 450W may not be enough

ok, just as an update, i ran memtest (all tests) at 3-4-4-9 54 passes no errors!

so scrap the new ram, i need a new psu... i am currently back at stock 200x9 1:1 1.3v with ram at 2-2-2-5 @ 2.6v. do you think that i can run safe like this until i get a new PSU (a month or so) provided i do 0 3d gaming?

BTW, this is the PSU im going to get:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817703005

that is the absolute best i can afford, should be more than enough as my specs wont change execpt for a viewsonic flat panel to replace this crap CRT (1996) i have :(.

For reference, instant restarts with no bluescreens are the default I believe for windows... you can reveal the BSOD by Going to System Properties -> Advanced Tab -> Startup & Recovery group and click Settings. In the "System Failure" section there is "Automatically restart".. uncheck to reveal the BSODs.

Not that these ever help, but posting the messages sometimes might.. who knows!

Charlie....

just run the ram at 3-4-4-8 with the mal and pr Thrax gave you...

I run mine a 9 and 6.5...with tref at 3120....2.5 to 3 is no diference at all...

your cpu will probably need more vcore when you try tighter timings... just leave em' loose...then bench both ways you'll see what I mean...

I cant pass with tighter timings but I can bench and there is no difference...it's memtest stable tighter but means nothing if it cant pass prime... you might be a little under powered for what your're doing... but test it with a new supply...;)

Good advice. Those looser timings give your cpu ondye memcontroller lesser stress then with those tighter timings you had before. Hence the errors in memtest.

But i'll take the advice for my own system too, because we have the same ram :-)

@ drbowtie, im currently at 310x9 1.35v on a 120div with tight timings... everything is lovely, orthos runs to come. BTW, i just got 2 CCFL tubes and a dual CCFL 120mm fan by logisys, they are great. i OC my x1950xt to 7051000 100% fan and ran 3dmark06 no problems... this PSU has to have been mis advertised... i have never witnessed a 450 watt PSU do what this thing does :).

@ollietwinam, i would but the 610w continuous that the PC P&C gives just makes my mouth water :D.

@TheWizzard, maybe we can compare notes! ima add you to my msn...

WOOOOHOOOO!!! 14hrs stable at 311x9 stock volts baby! boy these opterons LOVE the clocks :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/cha...1/14hstable.jpg

i still cant get my ram stable though at high frequency... so the general consensus is that i should still get a new PSU and ram later? i think im going to shoot for a new flatpanel first if this modstream can last a few months, this old 1995 CRT is beginning to dye one me, gets dimmer and dimmer every day it seems... once i get the new PSU though you can count my OCDB entry in at 3GHz, maybe more if i can get better cooling (zalman 9700 has my eye). anyhow, im happy here until i get a PSU, i think i will ram up the HTT a bit just to get the ram at 200Mhz even, didnt notice it was slightly under clocked until i opened up cpuz for the screenie :(. anyhow, i think im getting the hang of this now!