Do you prefer ps2 or usb keyboard and mouse connections?

BuddTX

The only reason I am posting this message in the overclocking forum, is because I have wondered how these connections affect stability in an overclocked system.

I personally prefer the PS/2 connections whenever possible.

I have no proof, but I "feel better" when using a PS/2 connection, I think it is a "better" connection than a usb keyboard or mouse connection.

I have no proof, so please do not take my word as gospel.

the PS/2 connection has been around longer, and it works "better" in a bios and dos setting, when necessary. I have this "feeling" that the ps/2 connection is a "more direct" connection than the usb connection.

I had some bad experiences when usb connections first came out, where a usb connection would not work in dos or a BIOS session. Also, some Dell PC's at work (several years ago) needed TWO re-boots of the PC if you unplugged a USB keyboard or mouse before the Dell PC would recognise the connection.

Of course, most mouses (mice?) come standard with a USB connection now, so maybe this question is moot.

So, do yall have a preference, USB or PS/2 for your mouse and keyboard connection?

I have one of the 1980's IBM keyboards :D cant use anything else!!!

so thats PS/2.

I have a razer diamondback mouse which is USB, the usb interface has caused the odd problem here and there

I LOVE those IBM Keyboards!

Just FYI, here is the manufacturer of those keyboards, I have one at work, and it is awesome! They still make them, and you can get a 104 key modern keyboard with that wonderful IBM click tactile feel!

they have the original click-tactile mechanical click keyboard switch.

http://www.pckeyboard.com/

I prefer my Logitech "Mx700 Duo" for gaming. It is very responsive. The only thing required to make it better is a good mouse pad. I will be getting one soon.

I also have a PS2 keyboard attached for any BIOS tweaking. It is a $9.95 "Micro Innovations". It does its job, however.