Sony takes another hit in the chops. Losing software developers!

Yukon Trooper

I've always gone with Sony for my portable audio. I've compared my Network Walkman to an Ipod and the Walkman simply blows the Ipod away in bass and sound quality, especially with the built in equalizer. However, Sony seems to love its SonicStage software, which is as bull crap as iTunes.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always gone with Sony for my portable audio. I've compared my Network Walkman to an Ipod and the Walkman simply blows the Ipod away in bass and sound quality, especially with the built in equalizer. However, Sony seems to love its SonicStage software, which is as bull crap as iTunes.

Yeah, Sony's a step up from iPod, but only in quality, not in software or rights managment. It'll be interesting to see how the Creative Zen does. :nod:

Yeah, Sony's a step up from iPod, but only in quality, not in software or rights managment. It'll be interesting to see how the Creative Zen does. :nod:

I have a little 1 gb sony mp3 player. I dropped it down a mountain (literally) and all my files still play fine! There are a few scratches, but other than that, it still functions 100% :)

Never heard of it. Another Mac product?

Most definitely not. I think they probably used the name iAudio to make it seem more familiar with consumers or just to piss Apple off. Maybe both. :) The company is called Cowon America http://www.cowonamerica.com/ and their flagship media device is the iAudio X5. It is touted as having superior audio quality compared to the other media devices. The screen is not as nice as the Zen but I use media devices exclusively for audio anyways. It also has 35 hours of battery life and oodles of features. http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/iaudio/x5/

I have a little 1 gb sony mp3 player. I dropped it down a mountain (literally) and all my files still play fine! There are a few scratches, but other than that, it still functions 100% :)

My boss was riding his motorcycle down the highway (at about 65 mph), listening to his iPod when it came loose and fell off into the road. A pickup truck pulling an empty horse trailer came along, and the truck part missed it but the trailer ran over it. It has two huge scratches in the screen but otherwise it works just fine.

One time I was driving down the road in my '98 Camaro (when I had it) my little brother and I were rocking out to some kick butt music and out of the corner of my eye THE SKY SUDDENLY APPEARED OVER MY LITTLE BROTHER'S HEAD! We look up to see that my T-Top on my passenger side HAD COME OFF AND WAS SAILING IN THE AIR BEHIND US ON THE 95 FREEWAY! I had enough time to look up in shock... look at my brother in shock (and he at me... a hilarious moment in retrospect) then look into my rear view and see the t=top from above my vision... into the mirror's area... LAND... ROLL FOR A MINIMUM OF 300 FEET ON THE CONCRETE FREEWAY AND INTO THE DIRT ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD! I stopped and ran back for what seemed like a quarter mile and found the GLASS T-TOP fully intact, but with a few scratches on the rubber weatherseal. I popped it back on, locked it down this time, and drove home.