Looking for a new cooler

Kingfisher

i'm looking into a cooler and fan combo for my 4400+ too.. I'm now thinking about an SI-128 and a Scythe 4710KL-04W-B19-V54 120, 1600RPM, 64CFM, 27 dBA fan. I hope it can cool things down and so I can get higher then my 2.64OC

what do you guys think of the SI-128? what do you suggest for a low dBA high CFM 120 fan? i want my system as loud as or less then the stock setup. which from what i read is around 48 dBA.

I was thinking about strapping my Panaflo 115cfm fan onto the Ninja, just to see what it can do, but in my case right now since it's cramped I could only mount it as a sucker, not a blow-through. Not sure how much that would influence temps- but first I have a temp gremlin to chase down. Other than that, the Ninja fits fine, you just need to make sure you don't have drives hanging off the back into it's physical airspace.

Geez King, I didn't think that temps were holding that cpu back at all! I was quite impressed with your results with the Zalman. Regarding another cooler, the BT can't be beat for the price. Just lap it it to a mirror finish, thread some 1-1/2" #32 machine screws from the back side of the stock back plate, use some washers and wingnuts to bolt the BT in place. Also, if you go with a BT, make sure that your case is at least 6 inches deep. The BT sits about 5-1/2" off the motherboard and needs the room to breath. Ideally, you want about 1-2" between the top of the BT and your case door. I used my BT on Chieftec DRagon case that was 8" wide and it worked very well. With my Cooler Master Stacker, the BT gets plenty of fresh air with that 12" circle cut out.

For the money, the BT can't be beat if you lap it and bolt mount it. At your current OC, though, I wouldn't change a thing.

Big Typhoon :) on papers and review, they beat Zalman's 9500

Anything and everything beats the overpriced Zalman 9500.

I suggest the Tuniq Tower 120. The picture speaks for itself as to cooling performance. :D