Highest Overclock @ Lowest Voltage for Opteron 165

juvenile2k

With the vcore set on auto, my 165 will do 321x9 (2889 MHz) 3D stable (including 3DMark03). Never ran prime95 at that setting. I keep it at 289x9 for everyday stuff (FX-60 speed). Never tried undervolting it though.

Nice, your chip does about exactly what mine does.

• 2 weeks later...
wow, that is fcrking awesome!

yeah it is, i can beleive it myseft

Holy Cow! What a Golden Chip.

Frankly I don't even know what mine will do on stock volts... I know it takes 1.425v to get to 2.7 though....

that chip is not gonna move from my mobo for any reason ... not even considering seeling it in the next 2-3 years

I know this is for 165's , but does anybody know if any AM2's (specifically Opteron 1212) perform like this with undervoltage? I've never heard of being able to get this kind of performance with LESS voltage, let alone stock. Is this common? Specific to Opteron/939/amd?

I've had to bump mine up to 1.45v just to do 2.6, but I'm pretty new at this, so perhaps there were other factors keeping me from getting higher clocks at auto volts. I'll be tryin again tonight , thats for sure :)

After fooling around a little, I can get at least 2710MHz out of mine at 1.264V. I might be able to finagle more, but it seems my VID requirements rise pretty fast. To have it stable@2950ish requires almost 1.55V, and with my current cooling it's way to much heat to run Prime. Anyways, I'm going to see if I can get it down to 1.075 like the EE3800s, just for craps and smileys. And because I have nothing better to do today since FedEx didn't deliver my PC4800 RAM. :(

Edit: I decided to F around, and the lowest it will boot into XP is with 1.100V. It shows 1.104V in CPU-Z, and right now it's Priming. Sure, it's at 1810MHz right now, but hey, it's only 82-88*F in CoreTemp 100% loaded on both cores on AIR! Anyways, tomorrow we'll see how high it can go sub 1.2V. In a way, it's almost fun. :P

Well, it looks like it's just happy as a pig Priming at 1.104V at stock (board is 201.5@200 setting) speed. I'm going to consider this an accomplishment just to make myself feel better :P Anyways, tomorrow I'll see how far it can go at 1.1VID, should be pretty interesting since I know it will do [email protected]. I've never really tried to ride the ragged edge of the minimum necessary voltage, I usually always throw in at least 1 extra tick of voltage just to be safe.

Some very nice opty's here... The X2 in my sig does 292x10 dual-prime stable @ 1.35v (bios). CPU-Z reads 1.328v.

It's running horribly hot, though. I'll probably remount the Zalman tomorrow or something. Apparently the credit card method isn't the best for AS5 on CPUs with IHS (at least that's what I read a few days ago). I hope I'll get some $$$ later tonight (Merry Christmas all, btw!!), so I can visit Petra looking for a nice, little Tuniq Tower 120, and maybe some Ceramique as well:)

Edit. Stepping is 0608BPMW, btw. Will put that into my sig in a minute.:angel: