@!@ UPS left Ultra-D on my doorstep supposedly

aelfwyne

Sorry, but you can't make these broad statements. In my neck of the woods, the UPS drivers DO give a damn, and they go out of their way to help. Even as so far as to see that a address is wrong on the package, but they knew the name, so they delivered it to me.

Bottom line is, it depends on the driver, and if they give a damn or not. I had issues with Fedex, DHL/airborne, and even the USPS.

I could'nt aggree more. It is stupid to try and judge an entire company based on ones personal expirence with them. All the UPS drivers that deliver my stuff have always been nice, and very good about not leaving stuff if I am not home. Fedex left a package at the end of my driveway yesterday that had to be signed for. It depends on the driver, pure and simple.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On top of that; FedEx is usually faster and always cheaper than UPS.

oh I wish that was true

I know my UPS driver from work and home, so he has 2 places to drop. Also he knows that he can put it in garage if that is open.

Also UPS is ALWAYS cheaper and faster for me then anything.

Like SVC, UPS ground will be say 11 bucks, where as super saver shipping will be in the 20s, along with FedEx (sometimes in the 30s) and USPS priority.

oh I wish that was true

I know my UPS driver from work and home, so he has 2 places to drop. Also he knows that he can put it in garage if that is open.

Also UPS is ALWAYS cheaper and faster for me then anything.

Like SVC, UPS ground will be say 11 bucks, where as super saver shipping will be in the 20s, along with FedEx (sometimes in the 30s) and USPS priority.

You are comparing 2 totally different shipping methods; FedEx Super Saver is comparable to UPS 3-day, if you were to compare rates on them (or UPS Ground vs FedEx Ground) there would not be as much of a difference.

USPS is good for light items; but when it gets to be more than 2-3 lbs I go FedEx Ground

I recieve packages at least 1 day quicker by FedEx than by a comparable UPS service. Also, FedEx delivers earlier in the day than UPS (at least in my area).

When I send packages; It is cheaper to ship FedEx than UPS. FedEx Express Saver often is slightly more than UPS Ground, but FedEx Ground is considerably less.

Another point that has to be considered is that high-volume shippers (i.e. newegg, tigerdirect, zipzoomfly, etc.) get huge discounts from the dilivery companies and if the reseller happens to ship more items FedEx (or UPS) they get a better deal from them and this effects the shipping costs incurred.

I've never had any issues with either carrier; just my personal preference is FedEx, due to faster service and lower rates for me to ship out items.

Might be a good poll; FedEx v UPS

The good thing about sending stuff fedex is if they take a long time with your package its free, atleast if you call and complain about it :) heh just a little personal experience.

Part of customer satisfaction; USPS does this as well and I wouldn't be surprised if UPS does as well.

I'm a firm believer in using fed-ex. they know my dog by name- and when they pull up to my house my phone will ring............. to ask if my mastiff "Scooby"(175 lbs of black/brindle gargoyle!) is ok for them to walk up!!! lol- customer service rocks!

btw- glad all was found- lucky there's at least one honest neighbor where you live...........

when I ordered my computer stuff in January, UPS left 3 boxes in front of the doors while no one was home - .....1000 dollars worth of stuff just sitting out .... :mad: ....luckily no one took it ! lol

UPS does this crap to me everytime... The a few months ago they left $2800 worth of stuff just sitting on my porch. It drives me nuts because I work at home & 90% of the time they drop stuff off, I'm there, but they don't even bother to ring the bell or knock - just drop it on the porch & run off. Fortunately for me I live in a fairly rural neighborhood with good neighbors, so I don't worry about it too much.

You are comparing 2 totally different shipping methods; FedEx Super Saver is comparable to UPS 3-day, if you were to compare rates on them (or UPS Ground vs FedEx Ground) there would not be as much of a difference.

3 day is atleast 10 bucks cheaper for UPS

UPS does this crap to me everytime... The a few months ago they left $2800 worth of stuff just sitting on my porch. It drives me nuts because I work at home & 90% of the time they drop stuff off, I'm there, but they don't even bother to ring the bell or knock - just drop it on the porch & run off. Fortunately for me I live in a fairly rural neighborhood with good neighbors, so I don't worry about it too much.

Happend to me few times as well....I was actually home. I never heard the bell ring, or never heard a knock on the doors...they just left the box by the doors and left

FedEx has, on more than one occasion, delivered packages to me a day earlier than they estimated when the stuff was originally shipped.

On the other hand, even if a package makes it to the final UPS hub (about 5 miles from my house) 36 or even 48 hours before delivery time, by God, they will deliver it on the day it's scheduled to be delivered and never before.

So, when I order stuff that I want at my house ASAP, I use FedEx. If time is not a big issue, I will use whatever's cheaper (usually that's UPS).

It seems that UPS wanted to drive the point I made earlier home...

I walk out on my porch 30 min ago, & there sits a package from UPS. I have no idea when they delivered it, either yesterday or this morning, but either way, I was home & they didn't ring or knock....

At least the Fed-Ex guy rings the bell before he runs off...

FedEx has, on more than one occasion, delivered packages to me a day earlier than they estimated when the stuff was originally shipped.

On the other hand, even if a package makes it to the final UPS hub (about 5 miles from my house) 36 or even 48 hours before delivery time, by God, they will deliver it on the day it's scheduled to be delivered and never before.

So, when I order stuff that I want at my house ASAP, I use FedEx. If time is not a big issue, I will use whatever's cheaper (usually that's UPS).

Same here; if my FedEx driver has it on his vehicle a day early he'll go ahead and deliver it; unless he's just swamped with packages that are scheduled for delivery that day.