OCZ XTC RAM Cooler (New)

burntcircuit

Did you see that the unit can slide along the clips to adjust for larger heatsinks and stuff? Very nice touch.

Looking at that thumbscrew on the side and with barely enough clearance between the RAM retention clips and the GPU to unlock said clips, I would be worried that it would make contact with the back of the GPU...hmm...I guess i could replace the thumbscrew with something lower profile...

I will ponder that. Extra cooling is always good, plus it is bling-alicious.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL.. did it actually drop your temps down? Was it loud? I read you could disable it.

Here's the review:

http://www.3dxtreme.net/index.php?id=evercoolnewroundup4

The system I used to test it was a backup system that wasn't an OC'er, but at stock settings it dropped the ram a degree. I imagine that the difference would be much greater when applying more voltage and stress to the ram.

Just remember....Mushkin Redlines called for active cooling and still do. This OCZ fan system for memory was not out when I was using said ram. Had to come up with something as others did who used this ram. No pics, but it did the job. Ran a length of aluminum from front of case to the back where I bent it to 90 dg's and drilled holes into this support and through the case and used machine screws and nuts to secure it,-back only, used length of beam and tension to hold rod in place at front of case. On the NF4 board there was enough room to place two 80mm fans over the dimm slots on the support and then I decided to use...what else? Velcro strips,!! on the support and fans and bottom of the psu to mount them perfectly over top the memory. Worked like a charm. No lights on the fan,-yeah I know their fun, but it worked flawlessly. Had this OCZ product been out then I would have bought it. Since their out now I think I will. Fun to come up with ideas when ya need to and see what your up against. In the end it really came down to a time versus money scenario. Time I spent driving to the Home Despot, scratching head, looking at things, finally buying things, going home and assembling pieces etc...etc...Why decorate a tree when you can decorate your PC.

i ordered one of those OZC for the memory - should be getting it on the 13th - next week - i hope i am able to clip it on my memory and works good -

it looks very nice - and didnt cost much more than a couple of good fans anyway - which you get with leds -

so it was worth a try -

i try it out - it should help either way - more air on the ram and board - i am slow at getting pics on here - 1) i never posted so not sure how - i do have some pics that i have to transfer to my computer on my new Case and WC setup

i still have a few wires to tie up - and i take some pics once i get it on - but i think i want to try to put a fan on the pwm area since thats still running hot at load -

what is a spot cooler ? - is there a special setup for that area that i can get - i really hate to add fans in the case now since it looks pretty neat and open with the WC - but i may have to if i want to load at full speed -

thats pretty cool - i never seen one of those - do they really cool enough ? also how do you connect it - does it connect in a 3 pin on the board or a 4 pin power supply ?

do you have a link or a site which sells them - that may be good for me for the pmwic area if it cools enough - would keep my case cleaner and neat inside