My PSU

shifty22123

Hey, a lot of people tell me to upgrade my PSU cuz it's not that big....but the thing is I never have any problems with stability or anything else....What do you think I shoould do...continue using it or still get a new one???

Hey, a lot of people tell me to upgrade my PSU cuz it's not that big....but the thing is I never have any problems with stability or anything else....What do you think I shoould do...continue using it or still get a new one???

A quick little analogy:

So you've got a little 4cyl honda civic (PSU). And you use it to tow a big heavy 40' trailer across country (your beloved and expensive PC). (it goes 2mph up hills but...)

The poor little honda doesn't break down at all during the trip (no stability problems). Should you keep using it this way and expect it to never break down with this kind of load? Or, should you buy a big truck that was made to haul such big loads...

-MalibuSS

I agree. I was "getting by" with a 560W Silverstone and didn't realize how far I was pushing the unit until I got a stronger PSU. All of a sudden, everything ran smoother and faster...just by getting a better power supply. Trust these guys at DFI...when they say the minimum is 480W...they REALLY mean it.

A quick little analogy:

So you've got a little 4cyl honda civic (PSU). And you use it to tow a big heavy 40' trailer across country (your beloved and expensive PC). (it goes 2mph up hills but...)

The poor little honda doesn't break down at all during the trip (no stability problems). Should you keep using it this way and expect it to never break down with this kind of load? Or, should you buy a big truck that was made to haul such big loads...

-MalibuSS

hah!

this guy must be my brother from another mother!!!