40% off at belkin.com

Fenix-Dark

I was looking at getting a belkin case for my iPod a few weeks back, and after you add the item to the kart there is a right red "redeem coupon" button in the top right of the site. I was a bit bored, so naturally I typed "12345" for a coupon code. To my amazement i was greeted with a 40% discount.

At 40% off even belkin stuff is worth it.

I do admire the ignorance of the daft fellow that sets up the coupon codes.

Enjoy!

Wow. We had a huge power outage a couple of days ago during a major storm. Of course, I was working on my computer, and thinking I should shut it down before the power goes off. Power outage happened first. It’s rare around here, but it awakened the idea of a of getting a UPS. I searched on the Belkin sight, as I have Belkin surge protectors, and have had them for years without problems, and came up with these units. With that 40% off coupon, it really makes some of these units very attractive. Out of the three units in stock, the 550VA, 750VA, and 900VA, does anyone have any experience or recommendations? For these prices, I think I should get one, but I didn’t carry my investigation past the coupon to shipping. About $12.95 for ground shipping.

That coupon comes and goes all the time. I bought a new UPS for my computer and a replacement battery for my other UPS with the coupon last earlier this year.

I have the 750 VA model and it seems to work swell enough. I have had it kick off twice though. I don't know why, but it just shut down.

The prices seem kinda screwed up. If you look at the 550VA it's 330W for $69.99. The 750VA is 400W for $130.99. If you go with the 900VA it's only $1 more ($131.99) and 540W. I think the 550VA is too small for anyone here in this forum to use on their DFI rig, and with the price difference it's not worth it to go with the 750VA.

Just my $.02. :D

Good find on the coupon, though.

I looked at the prices for these units at Newegg, and the 550VA is cheaper purchased directly thru Belkin, but the 750VA is $132 at Belkin and $85 at Newegg, and the 900VA is $132 at Belkin and $95 at Newegg. The Belkin prices are before the rebate.

One thing I certainly do not understand, and I'll use the Belkin 550VA as an example, is that it is rated at 400 watts, but I run my DFI rig with a 520w PSU, and we all know the PSU recommendations for DFI boards. How do these wattages relate to one another?

Another thing, if you read about the Belkin 550VA specs, it says that it will give you 28 minutes of run time, how ever, a review at Newegg says they only got 5 minutes. I have to wonder why such a discrepancy.