Guitar Hero II !!!!! (plus a warning)

Angry_Games

I played GHII on ps2 so much i dreamed about the moving freatboard at night. NO joke. I really miss it but atleast i can sleep now.

*Edit*

ADMIN EDIT: do not talk about a game that is very much in question of legalities of the United States. Or at least keep it off my forum.

*edit again* I appologize I had no idea of that, once again sorry.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this on Tuesday for the 360. I am so hooked its not even funny! I already have another guitar on the way (shipping to Canada is expensive and takes forever...) because I cant keep my friends off it.

No matter what kind of games your into, buy this game! GH1 or GH2! Amazing!

Happy Gaming! XD

DIDN'T YOU SEE THE RED WARNING GIVEN IN THE POST ABOVE??? DO NOT TALK ABOUT THEM HERE. I'M STILL NOT SURE OF THEIR LEGALITY.

(we have to take such things very seriously)

:edit:

Sorry, I saw the warning in the above post but to be fair, it doesn't say what it is that we're not allowed to discuss. I agree with your decision to keep it off the forums though.

Cheers,

Justin

I play a mean Message in a Bottle on Expert for the bass part in co-op. Other than that, I always squeak by with 3 stars on Medium. :( I'm not that good even though I love the game.

I've found 4 parts of the song Thunderhorse that require no strumming, only hammer-on/pull-offs.

When my buddy gets here today or tomorrow, we gonna maybe do a little 'video tutorial' of how to do advanced techniques etc...Thunderhorse is sooo awesome when you can play almost half the song on HO/PO haha

I got it less than a week ago and I can already pass numerous songs on hard with 3 or 4 stars! :D

^^^ I don't like using HO/PO because it just confuses me and if the song is fast enough, I end up strumming and not strumming at the wrong times. :tooth: Maybe one day.

Cheers,

Justin

Guest caffeinejunkie
I've found 4 parts of the song Thunderhorse that require no strumming, only hammer-on/pull-offs.

When my buddy gets here today or tomorrow, we gonna maybe do a little 'video tutorial' of how to do advanced techniques etc...Thunderhorse is sooo awesome when you can play almost half the song on HO/PO haha

Thunderhorse has a fair ammount of h/p action but you can pretty much h/p all of the song Less talk more rokk. Id say a good 80% of the song is straight h/p. If you want any ideas for techniques to film hit me up cause Ive got 32 of 40 songs 5-star on expert so Ive got most things memorized and down.

Oh and as for jordan Ive started breaking it down in expert and Im fairly confident Ill be able to beat it soon. I can make it for a little while into the main solo but I always try to throw star power at the very last second and im usually too late.

Thunderhorse has a fair ammount of h/p action but you can pretty much h/p all of the song Less talk more rokk. Id say a good 80% of the song is straight h/p. If you want any ideas for techniques to film hit me up cause Ive got 32 of 40 songs 5-star on expert so Ive got most things memorized and down.

Oh and as for jordan Ive started breaking it down in expert and Im fairly confident Ill be able to beat it soon. I can make it for a little while into the main solo but I always try to throw star power at the very last second and im usually too late.

Star power will save your butt during the solos in Jordan. No doubt about it, lol.

Guest caffeinejunkie

That is insane but not all the surprising. Six is an odd song but it isn't that hard and you would really only have to nail down a few different sections and you'd have it but it's still impressive. It rained yesterday so I played a good amount of GH and painted an old controller.

boredgy7ms0.th.jpg

Star power will save your butt during the solos in Jordan. No doubt about it, lol.

Thats the whole key to beating that song. I did witness a guy at the local bestbuy 95% Jordan by finger tapping the entire solo so Ive thought of checking out that method. After painting my old guitar Ive thought of possible adding some sort of foot switch for star power :tooth:.

Guest caffeinejunkie

Thats the whole key to beating that song. I did witness a guy at the local bestbuy 95% Jordan by finger tapping the entire solo so Ive thought of checking out that method. After painting my old guitar Ive thought of possible adding some sort of foot switch for star power :tooth:.

That is insane but not all the surprising. Six is an odd song but it isn't that hard and you would really only have to nail down a few different sections and you'd have it but it's still impressive. It rained yesterday so I played a good amount of GH and painted an old controller.

boredgy7ms0.th.jpg

if it's not so hard, how come hardly anyone can get more than 90% on it? (look at the GH forums and you'll see)

HO/PO's are the preferred method of finishing up solos and certain sections but they aren't realistic (trust me, I been playing real guitar for about 15 years).

I always get a little irritated when people who can beat the game on expert crow about how easy it is when they are only the 1%'ers (ie...same as those who howl like banshees about overclocking and how companies MUST cater to them).

What they neglect to tell you is that they've got nothing better to do than sit home all day and do nothing but play a game repeatedly until they can play it with their eyes closed.

Real people don't have that luxury, so it would be nice to get rid of all that "pfffft, it's so easy you suck if you can't do it" types

Guest caffeinejunkie
if it's not so hard, how come hardly anyone can get more than 90% on it? (look at the GH forums and you'll see)

HO/PO's are the preferred method of finishing up solos and certain sections but they aren't realistic (trust me, I been playing real guitar for about 15 years).

I always get a little irritated when people who can beat the game on expert crow about how easy it is when they are only the 1%'ers (ie...same as those who howl like banshees about overclocking and how companies MUST cater to them).

What they neglect to tell you is that they've got nothing better to do than sit home all day and do nothing but play a game repeatedly until they can play it with their eyes closed.

Real people don't have that luxury, so it would be nice to get rid of all that "pfffft, it's so easy you suck if you can't do it" types

No need to get so offensive. I have a job and life outside of guitar hero. Weekdays If I even have time Ill play a few songs a day. Weekends I only play when I meet up with a certain crowd because your right not everyone can play like that. Winter was a different story because I live in ohio and other than snowboarding on the weekends there isn't much to do so thats where I played my large bulk but I also played alot of GH1 and that skill carried over.

Why don't you see anyone get over 90%? Because people do have lives. If I seriously wanted to I could take several days of my time breaking that song down in practice mode and I could do that but I have no want to. Six doesn't have that much variation and compared to the rest of the song the solo is easy in comparison to something like jordan where the songs easy and the solo insane.

Also this really doesn't relate at all to people bitching at mobo companys. Im making a "1%" comment about someone who is in the "1%" if not even above that. I dont see how that relates to someone wanting a company that makes 99% of their profit from other markets to cater to their minority. It's funny when someone wants you shunned for being good at something. So with how you think the Olympics should be done away with. Anyone better than the average joe or anyone who puts any heart into or excels at something should be forced to step aside so the averages can get their glory.

Oh and as far as HO/PO goes for real life yes it isn't realistic Ive been playing "real guitar" for four years and know this. In the game almost everything can be I know because I cant play GH1 anymore just because I'm used to using HO/PO on everything. But seriously dude chill out it's a game.