Post Forum Bugs Here

Angry_Games

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found another bug with an ad blocking some links in the drop down menu, this time it's shopzilla.

Here's some screenies so others can see what I mean.

forumbug4.jpg

Advanced Search is blocked.

forumbug3.jpg

Kind of sucks you gotta add these to the ignore list, since it's a loss of revenue, there's gotta be a fix for the java script, just don't know what exactly I would google for.

Found another bug with an ad blocking some links in the drop down menu, this time it's shopzilla.

forumbug4.jpg

forumbug3.jpg

Kind of sucks you gotta add these to the ignore list, since it's a loss of revenue, there's gotta be a fix for the java script, just don't know what exactly I would google for.

Doesnt do it to me in IE 7

I'm getting it with both FireFox 2.0 and IE7

Yah I was just trying it out again, sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt for me, but it seems more often than not it makes the add stay on top, def. not cool. flash adds for the suck

I don't think it's flash, is it? I thought it was a java script problem, but I might be wrong.

Edit:

Seems the shopzilla ad is flash based. While I was on "vacation" I PMed Tmod with the same problem, but caused by a non-flash based ad.

When I open DFI-Street from a link or bookmark the problem appears, but it subsides as soon as I reload/refresh the page

forumbug4.jpg

forumbug3.jpg

I don't think it's flash, is it? I thought it was a java script problem, but I might be wrong.

Edit:

Seems the shopzilla ad is flash based. While I was on "vacation" I PMed Tmod with the same problem, but caused by a non-flash based ad.

When I open DFI-Street from a link or bookmark the problem appears, but it subsides as soon as I reload/refresh the page

Yes these images or ads are flash based ads.

I was thinking of moving the ad over to accomodate the flash ads.

I will check for a fix and see what I can come up with.

Just checked the problem and there is none.

huh.jpg

Tmod

OK, it seemed to me that the forum resizes the images (so it's impossible to see an image larger than 8x6)

Just wondering. I'd still use 8x6 images either way

Since the server has to do the work to re-size the image and be a tattle-tale, I wouldn't want to be the one adding to the server load.

The tattle-tale can help make sure you're legal and should eliminate any "I didn't know" issues.

For those that are having problems with the flash based google ads what would you think of moving the Search and Quick Link menus in place of the UserCP and FAQ?

Basically swap them.

Tmod