just bought a 3100 palermo

Clawhammer

ya the 1 on the left is the 1 i thought i was ordering.dunno if its stable at this 2.5, prime tonight. ya i got fricken stiffed with a newcastle with only half the cache, no x64, and a lower multi .......................

what i can say is that the cache does seem to matter on the 1 game i do play

Americas Army.the AI seems to have an impact , as a result slightly lower framerates.havent tried multiplayer yet but i expect the same fps drop.

this cpu gets hot! anything over 1.6 seems to be to much to handle , 56c and up at full load. set the bios to shut down at 70c, dont care if this cpu merges with the socket..........:mad:

gonna crank it up a lil more, prime and hopefully have the benchmarks tommorow..

thanks for comforting me oldguy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all night and i couldnt get this whore stable at 2.5.not even gonna bother for two reasons.the ebay member would rather me return the item instead of receiving neg feedback, why would i go any lower than 2.5 my clawhammer does 2.4 with 4x the cache!

all night and i couldnt get this whore stable at 2.5.not even gonna bother for two reasons.the ebay member would rather me return the item instead of receiving neg feedback, why would i go any lower than 2.5 my clawhammer does 2.4 with 4x the cache!

Send it back! Cool beans bud...there are other socket 754's out there (mobiles for instance) that will clock higher and AMD's are cheap right now. If you are interested I have a 3400 clawhammer I bought from Thunda that does 2.75ghz...OCDB entry...I was trying to sell a complete rig but had no takers so I'm gonna part it out. PM me if you are interested...

Your temps might not be as far out of whack as you think.

I was OC'ing a 3000+ last weekend and damn near died when I saw 50+ temps on a fairly low OC.

A quick google check for the cpu charts showed that the chip had a max temp of 70c vice the 52c I was used to on the 3100+.