Unofficial F.E.A.R. Performance Test Chart & Discussion Thread

CharmedLover84

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AMD has concentrated hard on the server market in the past and it looks like it has paid off for them. Because of that it has been good for us too. But for the enthusiast, at least for the foreseeable future, C2D looks to be the way to go.

3.16Ghz/702-----------766/855 clocks (now I need bandwidth BIG FREAKING GOBS OF BANDWIDTH. Keep in mind that this is all being done in single channel with a single 1 gig stick of ram. My 1000's just got overnighted from OCZ this afternoon. We'll see.)

fearb1rw4.th.jpg

I have been trying without success to get this video card overclocked. I'm using the newest release of ati tool (0.26) which apparently now supports 2d/3d switching, however when I run the f.e.a.r test, it is running @ 500/594 (2d settings)

I can't seem to keep it on the oc'd settings while in a 3d application, and I have tried the omega 6.3 drivers, as well as the newer 6.9's. When I was using an older version of ati tool and the catalyst 6.9 drivers, I would run the f.e.a.r test and it would bump my speeds to 399/400..

Download "atitool beta 14" or "atitool beta 16" and do those. Make sure you adjust your voltages.

FEAR starts with a little movie sequence that auto drops your GPU clocks to 2D levels (annoying as f%^&ing hell and the killer of many screen shots) you have to get into the menu then ALT+TAB out of the program and set the 3d clocks there and they'll stay. Then head back into FEAR and start shooting/benching.