Unofficial F.E.A.R. Performance Test Chart & Discussion Thread

CharmedLover84

Well since you guys are doing this anyways, figured i'd drop in (no need for an entry or anything)

1920x1200

16x AF enabled in Windows

16xQ AA enabled in Windows

Cpu and Grphics set to maximum in game, then changed resolution.

V-Sync On

Single 8800GTS @ 630/1780 (theres more in her, by a lot)

E6700 @ 330x10, 1.45v

533 divider on the Redlines

Asus P5B-D

fear1fu5.th.jpg

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, mine gets around 27FPS with VSync off.

I plan on playing it (once I get an EVGA 8800GTX) on 1680x1050 with 8X AA and everything else maxed.

Course, one thing people don't know is... if you're getting less than 45FPS MINIMUM in the performance test, the game will not be playable at all times, because if your minimum is 45 IN THE TEST, in game you're looking at 30 or less as your minimum. That's why I like mine being around 50 ;) LOL

Guest MadDias

i reinstalled fear and lost all my savegames for fearxp by doing so...

still got those stupid 180fps max when vsync is on.

i´m beginning to hate this crappy fear engine

It is rather sloppy isn't it? It is kinda slow for, not-amazingly-good-looking graphics. I tried playing it for a bit to justify D/Ling it so long and I just got annoyed. For some reason, the shadows piss me off. They move wildly and are entirely TOO noticeable. I think it's because they are so unnatural looking that makes them that way. The edges are way to hard and the shadow is generally too dark. Maybe I'm asking too much from a current gen game but in my opinion, if you can't do it right, don't do it at all.

Thraxz, if you think the shadows are too smooth, here's how you fix the problem:

First (I did this last night and it made me go :eek:), turn AA off completely and leave soft shadows on.

This should make fading edges appear on the shadows. Test it in the performance test.

Then, turn AA back on. This should KEEP those fading edges and reenable AA.

I don't like it lookin' like that so I turned Soft shadows off then back on and it went back to "hard" shadows.

Guest MadDias

the only reason why i played this game was because u can shoot holes into walls and the hv penetrator... i love nailing people onto walls ;) especially thru a door window.

yeah.. the shadows.. i keep shooting at my own shadow.

but really annoying is the stuttering which seems to be ati related (and very extreme in fearxp when i got out on the street)...

i hate games showing that "nvidia" splash at the beginning "the way its meant to be played" ;)