Kicked off school network

UncleDavid218

Hypothetically---

UncleDavid is sitting in a CIA office for an interview. The stupid interviewer left a Top Secret file opened on his desk and went to the bathroom. UncleDavid reads some of that Top Secret info. Does that make him a spy? Is what he did illegal? Or is it human nature?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hypothetically---

UncleDavid is sitting in a CIA office for an interview. The stupid interviewer left a Top Secret file opened on his desk and went to the bathroom. UncleDavid reads some of that Top Secret info. Does that make him a spy? Is what he did illegal? Or is it human nature?

I know of a few situations where people in mi were promoted because they knew the system and used it to benifit themselves lol.

I doubt a school would liek to be told of their security problems by one of their students though. It depends, but some people would take offence even if it was an efort done to raise awarnes.

I disagree. 2 things I have learned-

1. Never fess up unless confronted.

2. It's always better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

3. Fess up if your buddy overhears that you have been busted, before you are confronted.

I am 42 years old, and if a high school age kid was to fess up to something like this on his own accord, I would be impressed. Pissed for what he did, but impressed.

So I'm thinking about calling there and saying

"Hi, this is David Humes I am a junior at Duluth Central Highschool. Yesterday I did something I shouldn't have on the school computers and it's possibly something I could get in trouble for."

And explain what I did.

Obviously it wont be that forward, I'll be more relaxed, but that's the general idea.

I disagree. 2 things I have learned-

1. Never fess up unless confronted.

2. It's always better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

this is exactly what is wrong with kids today and adults also

this is weak minded, and is classless

real, mature human beings will fess up BEFORE confrontation, and real mature human beings who have a shred of decency will ask for permission and if denied, they will ACCEPT it

Uncle David: next time don't go breaking rules. You knew better than to do what you did. Fess up, and accept your punishment as a mature, responsible man who will accept his fate for his actions.

Hypothetically---

In this hypothetical situation technically --

Does that make him a spy?
Yes

Is what he did illegal?
Yes

Or is it human nature?
Yes

But in my opinion not in Dave’s case.

I'm a good guy (at least I'd like to think so) so I'm going to own up to it.
No doubt you are a good guy.

this is exactly what is wrong with kids today and adults also

this is weak minded, and is classless

real, mature human beings will fess up BEFORE confrontation, and real mature human beings who have a shred of decency will ask for permission and if denied, they will ACCEPT it

Uncle David: next time don't go breaking rules. You knew better than to do what you did. Fess up, and accept your punishment as a mature, responsible man who will accept his fate for his actions.

In an ideal world. This is not an ideal world. That's OK, live in fantasyland. It has no bearing on me- I know what the big-bad world is capable of; I've experienced it first hand.